Chapter 45: Reunited

Start from the beginning

"Well, you found me..." You chuckled softly. "The last thing I remember before waking up on the side of the road, was Cass setting off the protection spell. I didn't believe the guy at the reception desk when he told me it was the twenty-fifth." With a huff, you then tried to make the conversation lighter by adding, "At least I know how the spell works. The magnetic part at least. It really did pull me back to the exact same place like Crowley said. Dunno 'bout the timing though."

"Yeah, well, you're safe, so none of that matters..." Dean cut in again. "We're on our way to you now so just sit tight and don't leave that room until we get there. Alright?"

That strange tone was still there in his voice and your heart continued to pump hard because of it, refusing to allow you to forget it's presence. "Okay..." You replied reluctantly.

"We'll be there in two hours sweetheart."

Sam then finished the call with "See you soon Glowworm." Before the call dropped out and you were on your own again.

Two hours... You weren't sure if you were relieved, excited or terrified to see them, in particular Dean... You wanted to see him most of all and not, at the same time.

After your phone call, you decided it wasn't a very good idea to take a shower like you had originally planned. With no clean clothes to change into, the last thing you wanted to be wearing when the three men rocked up at your door was a hotel towel or complimentary robe. So rather, you chose to get comfortable on the bed and eat the remainder of your 'meal' from the service station, attempting to wait patiently while watching a random movie. You would just have to deal with your cuts later.

Every ten minutes, you would look at the small digital clock on the bedside, willing the time away. Calculating how much longer they would be and dreading what would happen when they eventually arrived.

22:02

22:13

22:27

22:36

'An hour and a half to go.' You wanted to see Dean, you did. But you were uncertain about how it would be. He'd called you sweetheart, twice, on the phone and while his tone had been calm, there was something, odd, about his voice. The way he'd spoken to you, was unnerving. You couldn't see his face and you couldn't tell by his voice alone, if he was happy, angry or sad.

23:25

23:38

23:41

With twenty minutes to go, your eyes were feeling heavy and while you fought to keep them open, sleep won you over. At least it did until you were startled by the sound of loud thumping, against the motel door.

"Dammit!" Dean's voice carried from outside and you quickly jumped up knowing all too well that he would probably attempt to pick the lock or kick the door down if you didn't open it quick smart.

Still feeling the effects of your nap, you fumbled with the handle and called out a "hang on!"" It was now too late to worry about the neighbouring room being woken up, if there was anyone in there to begin with. Dean's version of knocking and the added shouting would have woken even the heaviest of sleepers.

As you pulled the door back, you were greeted with the sight of a flustered Dean, an amused Sam and an ever clueless but slightly disheveled looking Cass. "Hi..." You muttered sheepishly. "Sorry... I um, fell asleep..."

You bit your lip, hesitating on what to do as you watched Dean's expression change from agitated to relieved. At least, you assumed that's the expression he had given. It was hard to tell with the way his face had clearly been beaten. There was swelling around his left eye and left cheek and the skin there was already beginning to bruise. You had to wonder why Cass hadn't healed them for him, then again, you'd already observed, the angel didn't look too good himself.