Chapter 34

"Serena, I will not apologize, This is your punishment for disobeying my good intentions." he enunciated every word clearly and slowly.

"..."

Her body stiffened.

As her eyes met his deep blue once, she felt a stirring feeling within her that indicated that there was another meaning to his words. He saw the girl gaze at him foolishly and chuckled. He then left the still ongoing banquet with her in his arms. Serena looked at him dejectedly and warned, "Don't ever do that again! I don't like someone touching me without my permission, Specially you!"

Ethan stopped in his tracks and looked at Serena, She was looking serious, he also felt like he made mistake being out of control, When he saw that bastard looking at his wife with a loving expression, He just couldn't control his rage, "I am sorry, I admit...that... I was a bit impulsive."

 Serena looked into his deep blue eyes , Sensing his honesty, She nodded at him with a smile, "I forgive you but only on one condition."

"Which condition, I will fulfill it, Whatever it is. Tell me." He asked looking at her smiling face.

"Take me somewhere." Serena said wishing to run away with him from all this hustle and bustle.

"Where?" Ethan asked.

"A quiet and nice place to celebrate -- beers along with it would be nice." She mumbles which made Ethan's brows knit.

"Beers?" He asked in surprise, staring in bewilderment at the girl languid figure on the side.

"Yes! I stayed abroad and had to live less extravagant than here to pay up tuition and my living expenses alright? Now, go on -- I need strong liquors and tons of food to forget some memories which keeps bothering me." Though she said those excuses, Serena wasn't planning this turn of events.

*

*

*

On top of an enormous villa's building, that was Ethan's villa, Ethan abided her demands of a quiet place to chill. He first recommended tons of club and places but Serena insisted that the less crowd, the better. Ethan doesn't mind it at all, alas, for her peace of mind, he still gave in to her request. Hence, that's why he took her to his usual spot whenever he wanted to be alone, On the vast terrace garden of his mansion.

"That's what happened!" Serena grumbled as she frowned. Her face slightly flushed and her head felt as light as it is.

"Ahh, haha really?" Ethan awkwardly responded as he doesn't know what to reply to her. Currently, for her own personal reasons, Serena downed three cans of beer.

"What is so funny about that? I am telling you, It was hell embarrassing to vomit on your first ever crush in front of your classmates!" Serena affirmed seeing his unconvinced countenance. Serena only grinned in response. She was too drunk after consuming three cans of beer.

"Tsk tsk, you shouldn't be drinking if you're a lightweight..." Fortunately, Ethan doesn't took her stories into heart as he thought Serena was just saying stuff because she was drunk. Shaking his head, he was about to reach for the other packs of beer on Serena's side but halted when she slapped his hand away.

"Ah! What--"

"Ha?! These are mine! No, crossing lines. This, my space, that, yours." Squinting her eyes, Serena warily secured all the sweets, chips, and beers on her side as if she was afraid that Ethan would snatch her precious snacks. Glancing at the space that she was talking about, Ethan's face distorted seeing that he has nothing, while her space was packed!

"Hey, I was the one who bought that!" Dismayed, Ethan demanded his rights to have his share.

"These are your punishments, duh?" Looking back at him with eyes filled with disdain, Serena opened another can of beer then sipped the bubbles that eroded from it.

"Hey! Stop! Jeez, you're drunk already! How can you drink with a man?" Displease by her recklessness, Ethan could not help but think that Serena could do this with others. On a second note, getting her trust was like going through the needle hole. But still, it was exasperating to see Serena this way.

"Aren't we married?" Serena tapped her chest as she brightly grinned revealing all the goodness of her heart.

She added, "As I said, I took a step of moving on and this... meaning, letting go of the dreadful memories of my past...hiccup... You know...you know... my mother... she was a great woman....But also was a fool in love...She...she...she...she killed...killed herself knowing that my father has affair outside...the day my father proposed divorce to my mother...she...she did suicide...I tried to save her...I was alone in that mansion, I shouted for help...I cried looking at her unconscious unmoving body...It felt like....I was losing my own life...but when with the help of servants, we finally admitted her into the hospital it was already too late...And you know, the most dreadful thing is my dear father...he brought that woman and their son who was six years younger than me just after three months of my mother's death." She too a deep breath closing her eyes, "I wanted to avenge my mother but may be she already knew that is why she took a promise from me that I will always have to protect my father and his happiness...Isn't ironic?. Ridiculous...Isn't it?...I just don't understand  Why would she do that?... Did she love my father to the extent of sacrificing her daughter's happiness? You know when I see my father and that woman...my blood always boils to the extent of going made...but my helplessness...I can't even do anything except protecting them because of my promise to my mother....How can she do that? Didn't she know how much I loved her?! and how hard it would be for me to protect her murders?!... and why did she even leave?  Wasn't I was enough for her? I would have given her all the love of this world but she chose to die living me alone in this cold world... and my father...he...he never got time for his daughter...never since childhood...he thought by giving money he can show his love...hehehe...but I never cared about it because I had mother...my lovely mother was with me..." She laid out her scars slowly while crying painfully.

"It is not that she didn't love you, it's just that she was hurt by the betrayal of the person she trusted the most... She trusted your father more than herself, that is why she did it but it doesn't mean she didn't love you...She loved you that is why she brought you in this world. She loved you enough that you still miss her...you still miss her a lot and that is the proof that she loved you immensely." Ethan raised his brows, understanding her statements.

"Yah, right! Indeed I miss her...a lot..."

Since Ethan could neither drink or munch a snack, he carefully laid his body on the concrete floor of the rooftop; not minding the little dirt that hugged his expensive suit. Using his muscular arm as a pillow, he peered at the night sky full of stars. After some time, Ethan broke his silence as he stated the thing he never said to anyone before,

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊