Chapter 8

Everyone comes and hugs them, their family members are so happy. It's time for them to leave now. They are going to Ethan's private villa which is called "Blue Ocean Villas" located at the prime of London City.

They all head out. Ethan goes ahead and opens the door for Serena who was hugging her brother Noah Evans. Finally Ethan opened the door for her and she took her seat after which he also sat beside her and instructed his driver, Jack, to drive to his villa.

On his instructions, Driver Jack started the car and drove away. On the way, Ethan glanced at Serena who was looking out of the window being lost in her thoughts, her mesmerizing chestnut brown eyes were looking out of the window being lost. He turned his attention back to front. He doesn't want her to expect anything from him . 

The villa stood against the mountains and was surrounded by water. The sky was blue and the air was fresh and clean. Compared with the urban area, it was a paradise.

            The Aston Martin drove into Ethan's private road

The Aston Martin drove into Ethan's private road. There were tall London plane trees on both sides of the road. It was the time of the year when the trees were jade green, and from afar, the trees looked lustrous and verdant and were extremely beautiful.

Ethan stopped the car in front of a villa while Serena was still in shock. "Get off the car," he said.

Serena pushed the car door open and got off. She considered her surroundings, her gaze eventually ending up on the three-story mansion. She would be living here for a long time in the future.

 They haven't spoke anything to each other in the car at all...not even a word. Serena awkwardly cleared her throat and said while standing in the same position as she exited the car door, "Let's make a pact before we start our life together." She has to make everything clear before entering into his mansion.

"Why?" Ethan asked.

"Because it's a marriage in name only for both of us, It's a forced marriage...I could get it from your eyes!" she emphasized.

"You are smart for catching on something like this. Say It." He simply shrugged and smiled.

"Firstly, we will must have our separate rooms."

"Secondly, we're still two independent entities after we get married. Our paths cross because of our interests and cooperation, so we can't ask each other to do anything beyond that."

"Thirdly, financial independence. Sign a certificate of assets before our marriage. Even if we have a divorce, what's yours is yours, and what's mine is mine. We can't use each other's assets at the time of divorce."

"Fourthly, I know that you're a flirt and that you can't control your biological needs since you are a man as well, just like my father. I won't interfere in your private life after we get married, but I can't let anyone find out about it. What I mean is that you have to be careful when you're having an affair. If the media reports anything, our collaboration will be terminated. I would like to remind you that even though I don't care how loving you are with other women, I also won't allow you to bring any women home for the night."

"Fifthly, we are still in a marriage in name only. One day, we will find the person we are destined to be with. Once we find our true love, regardless of the reason, as long as either party proposes a divorce, we are not allowed to reject them on any pretext."

Serena said it all in one go.

Ethan asked her looking at her with his mesmerizing deep blue eyes, "What if you fall in love with me?"

"Impossible," she said simply.

"What if I fall in love with you?" Ethan asked.

Serena narrowed her eyes.

"I'm just kidding," he said with a devilish grin. He seemed so indifferent as he said, "It's hard for me to fall for someone like that."

Serena looked at him, increasingly feeling that this man was hard to grasp.

"So it's best if Miss Serena doesn't fall in love with me," Ethan said while walking away towards the mansion.

A 50-year-old man wearing a three-piece suit came out of the villa, bringing a servant with him.

The servant took Serena's luggage and the man came to Serena and said, "Young Madam, I am the young master's butler. You can call me Uncle Albert. Welcome."

The words "Young Madam" felt foreign, and Serena smiled unnaturally. "Uncle, you... you can just call me Serena."

"How can that do? You and our Young Master are married, so you are the Young Madam of The Anderson family." Uncle Albert saw that Ethan had already entered the house, and blinked at Serena. "Old Master instructed me to take good care of you. Just let me know if you need anything in the future. Young Master doesn't have lots of patience anyway. If he bullies you, tell me, I'll immediately... call Old Master."

Serena looked at Ethan's back and pouted. "I won't let him bully me!" She is not a kid, who needs protecting, she is a devil!

Uncle Albert was stunned and immediately smiled. It seemed that the big villa would not be as dull as before in the days to come.

"Young Madam, I'll show you to your room."

Ethan had instructed that Serena was to stay alone. Uncle Albert arranged for her to stay in a white-toned, warm and clean bedroom, not far from Ethan's room. Serena liked the room very much and immediately opened her luggage to unpack. She is Mrs. Anderson. She has to do her best to keep her promise, she is definitely not like her father who breaks their promise, It was enough...for her to have no regrets in this life.

Ethan retrieved a document and went to the office. Uncle Albert felt bad for Serena and said, "Young Master should have stayed and accompanied you."

"Oh, there's no need." Serena felt that she and Ethan had come to a consensus. They would get a marriage certificate, be husband and wife in name and stay under the same roof. They would lead their own lives, have their own fun and not disturb each other.

This consensus...

Was great!

In the afternoon, Serena had nothing to do. She had taken a day off from the company and could not return to the company for work. She could only sit in the living room on the sofa and read fashion magazines. Uncle Albert made her tea and prepared snacks and fruits for her silently. Serena had a comfortable and leisurely time on the first day of her marriage.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊