III

♪♫ Tainu takda ravaan,

Baton pe teri hasda ravaan,

Pagal main khud nu banaunda ravaan,

Tu hasdi rave, main hasaanda ravaan,

Tainu takda ravaan...♪♫

____________________

Veer completed his meeting and reached home around 2 p.m.

"Meera." He said softly when he saw her sitting on the bed with her eyes closed.

She opened her eyes slowly. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. I was just waiting for you." she stood up from the bed. "How was the meeting?"

"It went well. I'll give you all the details tomorrow in the office."

She nodded and started to walk toward the door when he stopped her. "Where are you going?"

"To heat the food."

"We are going out Meera."

"Oh! I thought—" she cut herself off and shook her head.

"You thought?" he walked and stood in front of her.

She looked up, her hazel eyes roamed on his face, and finally settled on his eyes. "I thought you said that so Armaan Bhaiya wouldn't say anything to you. I didn't think you were serious."

"I was serious. Can we go for lunch?" he asked politely, knowing damn well how much she despise when anyone talks to her in any other tone.

"Okay, I'll just change and then we can go."

"Okay."

Fifteen minutes later, both of them were in his car, driving to one of Meera's favourite restaurants. He once heard her talking about it with Viaan.

She was wearing another saree, which again looked great on her.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"One of your favourite restaurants." He smiled.

"How do you even know about my favourite restaurants?" she turned to him while he kept his eyes on the road.

"I'm your husband Meera. Of course, I know things about you."

"But how? I never told you anything about me." He could hear the curiosity in her voice.

"I might have heard you talking with Viaan."

Meera fake gasped, "You eavesdropped on my conversations with people. How very unprofessional of you!"

He had already parked the car.

He chuckled at what she said and leaned into her space making her breath hitch. "I don't think I need to be professional around my wife, now do I?"

"Let's go, we are here!" he got out of the car after announcing that.

They went inside and he saw Meera's face lit up to see an elderly woman behind the counter.

"Meera! It's been too long. Where have you been?" the lady said rounding the counter to meet Meera midway and took her in a hug.

"I'm very well, Aunty. How are you? and Liza?" Meera replied.

"I'm good. Liza too is very well." Mary said.

"Meera?" they turned to see a very pregnant woman coming towards them with a man beside her.

"You're glowing, Liz!" Meera exclaimed to which Liza only smiled. Then Meera addressed the man beside Liza, "Hey, Blake! Hope you're taking good care of my best friend here."

"I am. It's good to see you." Blake replied.

"Same." Meera turned to him and gestured him to come forward which he did. "Everyone, this is Veer Singhania—my boss and husband."

Veer liked that word—husband—maybe way too much.

He smiled at everyone while Meera continued, "Veer, meet Mary aunty and daughter and son-in-law—Liza and Blake."

Mary took Veer in an unexpected hug. It was motherly and comforting. He said a hello to Liza and shook his hand with Blake.

They talked for a few minutes and then proceeded to go back to what they were doing. Meera found a table for them to sit at.

"So, what would you have?" Meera asked.

"I don't know. Would you like to suggest something?" he asked her in return.

"How about some Lasagne and Strawberry Panna Cotta?"

"Sounds perfect!" he said with a smile and earned a smile from Meera.

"Alright then!"

They placed the order and was it good. Now, he knew why this restaurant was Meera's favourite. It's people and food both were great.

They talked a lot during lunch. Today, he saw another side of Meera—carefree and joyous.