Chapter 99 - "I'm not your boyfriend?"

Start from the beginning

"I know you don't want to hear about me and I'm sure if you weren't going through this, we would be fighting," Jules exhaled through a long breath, interlacing his fingers together as he leaned closer to Nate. That was when Nate noticed how much his hands quivered, which caught his attention. "I just...I have nobody," his voice coiled and he swallowed hard, as if he also forced himself not to cry, "...and I can't tell anybody that I used to know that I'm alive and the plan was for me to leave this place and start fresh in another city or country but..." He sighed, biting his bottom lip for a moment, his eyebrows raised. "That requires money and I'm just a drop out high school student and my dad used to give me money before but he doesn't know that I'm alive and he can't know or else I'll be stuck in this life forever."

Nate was moments from taking another shot when he paused for a second, instead passing the bottle to Jules. "You need it more than I do."

When Jules tilted his head back and took a few sips, he burped aloud as well, his fingers clutching to his chest as he felt the liquid burn along his esophagus. "This is nasty." He handed the bottle back to Nate who shook his head, motioned for him for take another swing, which he did. Afterwards, he nodded his head as he passed it back to Nate. "Thanks, I definitely needed that." Nate didn't want to hangout with Jules, neither did he care to, but it had taken his mind off Dante for a couple minutes. Speaking of which, he should have been here by now...what's taking him so long? "I was working as a server for a restaurant that nobody really visited, but they didn't pay well enough so I barely had enough for a place to live. They just shut down so I had nowhere to go and since you were taken in by Draco, I assumed this place would be clear."

"So everyone here just knows where everyone else lives?" Nate cackled, shaking his head, remembering when Raphael had knocked Eric unconscious and mentioned knowing where he lived.

Jules shook his head. "I'm friends with Tyler so she told me where you stayed a long time ago. Or I...I used to be."

"Speaking of Tyler," Nate said, images of her flashing across his mind—he had heard that she had tried to kill him when they went to rescue him, "where is she? Does she know your alive?"

His eyes widened in horror and he rapidly shook his head again. "Please," he pleaded, planting his hands together, "the two people on top of the list that cannot know I'm alive are Wolf and Tyler."

"You're scared of Tyler or something?"

"Tyler's bad news," Jules admitted. "I need to get away from here and that includes her." When Nate merely shrugged his shoulders without a response, Jules nodded his head towards him. "What happened to you, why do you seem so different?"

That made Nate smile. "Different how? More handsome?" He didn't give a chance for Jules to respond as he murmured to himself. "Dante doesn't realize how lucky he is to have someone with my looks—I'm good looking."

"Well for starters, the eye-patch and the sinking sleeve are a factor," Jules said, dismissing his suggestions.

That made Nate snort. "The only person you can blame is your father for not handling Eric." Jules lowered his eyes in embarrassment. "This was done during their kidnapping. You were tortured but," this time, when their gazes met, Jules felt as if Nate's eyes were piercing through him, "you weren't tortured the way that I was."

Jules sighed. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry."

"Nah," Nate smirked, remembering when he headed down to the underground prison with Draco and saw Eric tied to a chair, the torture spin the wheel behind him. "Don't be, I got my revenge. Killing him made it all worth it, especially the way that I did it."

That made Jules eyes widen. "You've killed?"

Nate turned to him, frowning and scrutinizing his features for a second. "You haven't?"