"Ali, honey it's okay. I know it's a lot, how about you reach out to your friends and see if they are available to hang out?" Emily's logical and practical brain kicking into gear was a good thing, she knew if it had been herself she would have frozen by now. When it was for someone else she was able to think in a more, sequentially.

"Okay." Alvyia nodded slowly "I'm sorry." she said under her breath.

"No need" Emily responded, squeezing Alyvia's hand.

"Do you think I could spend the night at one of my friend's house if they are free?"

"I think that's a good idea, why don't you text them now before we leave?" Emily knew this transition was not going to be an easy one and she knew that Alvyia's friends had gotten her through some rough times, they all needed a proper goodbye. Alyvia sat on the bed and sent a quick text to the group chat she had not seen any of them since the attempt because of all the medical exams she needed to complete as well as she did not want them to see her in this state. 

They all called and texted over the last few days just checking in with Alyvia but she had yet to really catch up or talk about what happened. Alyvia had no clue what to send, what do you say after everything that's happened? She decided on something simple; Hey guys, I'm feeling better. I leave to DC tomorrow night, I was wondering if anyone is free for a sleepover tonight? If not no worries, just let me know!

After the text was sent both Emily and Alyvia with the help of Clara worked to clean up the hospital room as much as possible before heading to the Embassy, Emily loaned Alvyia her FBI hoodie and some joggers. Alvyia liked wearing them because they smelled like Emily. Sitting in the cab with nothing but the borrowed clothes on her back, her headphones and her phone. Alvyia leaned her head against the window, she was aware of the two women talking in hushed tones next to her, and she decided she had more than enough to think about tuning them out.

She looked at the familiar streets passing her by, the streets leading to the embassy due to it being Singapore the cab ride was more like seven minutes. It was still plenty of time for Alyvia to spiral ever so slightly. She was seventeen, sitting in the back of a cab with two women she met three weeks ago after being not only a victim but also the cause of all their trouble, about to leave for a foreign country. She wasn't dumb she knew this was unorthodox. She should be prepping for her senior year, oh shit school she thought to herself, how was she supposed to finish school?

Before the next thought could fully form in her brain the cab rolled to a stop in front of the Embassy. The building was looming, its tall black brick wall towering over the cab at the same time it held a sense of odd comfort for the teen after spending so much time there. As they walked up the ramp into the building they were met with Jeramy standing a newly ironed two-piece suit,

"This way." he motioned for them to follow him. They walked up a set of stairs, Alyvia had sandwiched herself between Emily and Clara as a form of protection, she did not know why she felt like she needed it but it soothed her fast heartbeat. They walked into an office at the end of a long hallway, there was another Man was in the room he was sitting behind the desk reading over a few documents. He held a presence of power and control, Alvyia had seen him at a few functions he always scared her a little bit. Jeramy took his seat behind the desk next to the man while Emily, Clara and Alvyia filed into the chairs opposing them.

The man cleared his throat before introducing himself as Mike, the head of Jeramy's department. He slid two pieces of paperwork across the table before directing their attention to what they were,

" You will both need to sign here- due to the unorthodox situation Alvyia was placed in as well as her age, adoption is the only route available if you both want to pursue this." Alyvia looked over at Emily, the woman met her gaze with a sure smile and a quick squeeze of Alvyia's hand. With her other hand, she took the pen, read over the document once more and signed her name, as well as some other key pieces of information. Due Emily's mother pulling some strings the paperwork Emily had to fill out was minimal compared to if this had been done the traditional way. Alvyia only had to sign her name one next to where Emily signed hers on the first piece of paper, she took a deep breath.