Prologue

The young girl watched as the king's coterie came into view. Over the hills that surrounded her beautiful kingdom. They had come to meet her mother, Alura, the queen of Avalon. She didn't know why, and that bothered her. She always prided herself on knowing everything. She had finished all the books in the royal library. She would secretly watch the knights fighting and practice herself until her mother had been forced to let her train. The eight-year-old stared, deep in thought, as King Arthur and Queen Alura talked seriously to each other. Suddenly, someone jumped at her screaming loudly, "BOO!" The brunette girl jumped back in surprise, causing her attacker to laugh loudly. "I scared you, Willow! I am the ultimate prince!" The blonde prince yelled. Willow rolled her eyes.

"I wasn't focused, Tedros. It doesn't count," she said to the blue-eyed prince. "Doesn't matter. A win's a win," he replied back, shrugging and grabbing the girls hand. "Let's go play. Dad says that we're only staying for a little while," Tedros says, pulling Willow along. "Wait, why is your dad here?" The girl asked curiously. He shrugged, "Something to do with work," not meeting her eyes. Willow could tell he was lying, but she nodded along, following him towards the vast meadow where the knights practiced.

When the two royals reached the plain, Willow looked around as if looking for someone, then frowned, disappointed. Where was Lancelot? "Let's play knight in shining armor! You be the princess, and I'll be the prince that saves you," Tedros says enthusiastically, causing Willow to frown. "How come you're always the savior, and I have to be the damsel in distress?" Willow questioned, annoyed. "Because that's how it works. You're a princess, so you're the damsel in distress, and I'm a prince, so I'm the savior," he answers. "Says who?" The young girl asks. "The rules, Willow, the rules." The brunette smirks mischievously, "Rules are made to be broken Ted. Speaking of which, let's go and listen to what mom and your dad are talking about." His eyes widen in horror, "No, no, no. Dad specifically said-"

"Who cares. Let's go," Willow says, dragging Tedros towards the giant castle. "Just stop. I don't want to know," Tedros whines loudly. "Of course you want to know. Who wouldn't?" Tedros pulls his hand away, "I already know, just stop!" He yells angrily. Willow whips around, "Wait what?"

"They're talking about mom, Willow," he says sadly. "Queen Guinevere? Why?" Willow asks in astonishment. Tedros's eyes fill with tears, threatening to pour out. All of a sudden, every single feeling he felt since his mother ran away that night came rushing back, and he broke down in his best friend's arms. "Mom left me, Willow. She ran away. She left dad and me." Willow stroked his blonde hair soothingly, whispering softly in his ear, telling him that everything would be alright until his sobs slow down and disappear. "So, why is your dad here?" Willow asked him gently. Tedros looks up, eyes still red and puffy from crying and shrugs, "I don't know. I think he's asking your mom for help."

Willow nods slowly and sees more tears filling the young prince's eyes. "Come, let's play," she says to him, holding out her hand, "And this time I'll let you be the knight in shining armor." Tedros smiles brightly and takes her hand, the two of them rushing into the meadow like two kids without a care in the world.

*Time skip*

Willow skips into the long dining hall jubilantly and takes her seat next to her mother. Next to her is her baby sister, Lily, who goggles at her and starts reaching out. Willow picks her up in her arms and cradles the little bundle. "Who's the cutest baby in the whole world? You are, yes you are," she says in a baby voice to Lily, making her mother laugh slightly. "So how was your day, my princess," Queen Alura asks her daughter. "It was amazing!" Willow exclaims back, and her mother smiles. "Me and Tedros had so much fun!" At the mention of the boy's name, her mother's face hardens. "Willow, I have decided that you will not hang out with that boy anymore," she says, authority clear in her voice. "But, why?" Willow asks, her voice laced with hurt. "No questions, Willow. Do as you're told!" Alura replies harshly, which was unlike her. "Yes, mother," Willow says obediently, her heart filling with anger and sadness as tears build up behind her eyes. How was she supposed to stay away from her bestest friend? This was not fair. But Willow knew better than to argue with her mom. What she didn't know was that far away, in another castle, Tedros was feeling the same way as his father, the great King Arthur told him the same thing. And the two obeyed, never to see, meet, or even mention each other again.

♡◇♡◇♡◇♡◇♡◇♡◇♡◇♡◇♡◇♡◇♡◇♡◇♡◇

That's the first chapter

Lmk what you think. I'd love to hear your opinions

Please comment and vote

QOTD:
Thoughts on Tedros?