The truth, the whole truth. But what does he mean they were partially from him?
"Zehra, go back to that place, where your family is. Don't worry about money or a single penny. I will earn, I will work hard and I will send money to you and your family. For long as I am alive. I will support everything. Please. Leave, Zehra!" he begged me again.

And I shook my head and stepped in front of him. "Tell me the truth Daiwik, and let me decide if I want to stay back."

"Go to that place, Zehra, by the end of the day. You will know the truth. I promise you, "

~

I trusted his promise, he said by the end of the day. I believe by the end of the day, I will be told. I took my steps back from his front, his eyes holding me tightly in his clutch, glistening with tears. He did not want to let me go.

Here we were, parting ways, his hand that he held in mine, escaped away when I stretched far from him, Devakshaya still waiting for me in the car in the driver seat.

I didn't turn around again, once I sat in the car. The parting was aching my chest, yet again. Here we were, broke apart. Once again.

But I trust him, whatever he will reveal to me by the end of the day? Wouldn't be so bad that I won't want to come back to him, to the happiness he has to offer me. This family I have found. The daily dinners, that we all shared. The laughter, watching movies and a mother figure who held me tight in her arms when I was shattered. A brother who fought with his blood for me. A sister, who never made me feel out of place. Never made me feel different.

I want to come back to all of this. I hope, whatever the truth is. It won't break my soul that he rebuilded again.

~

Silently sitting in the car with Devakshaya, I only thought about my days here. It wasn't such a long time, or maybe it didn't feel because I was with people who made every big thing look so trivial.

I closed my eyes, the car crossed the bridge, the one that adjoined Vandigana with Chandravanipur.

And here we were, the place I once left and never came back, again. The place that broke me, but also coming out from the place that did break me, but merged me once again.

It put my pieces together and I waited with the setting sun, for those pieces to break once again when I was told the truth.

"Devakshaya, did you always know I was the girl Daiwik was-" I asked him, suddenly breaking the long hours of silence.

"Yes, mute...Zehra!" He said so simply.

"Why did you act weird with me in the beginning? Trying to match me and Daiwik in the beginning, you seem to be against us, when the marriage and us getting together part came upfront?" I asked him, just making the recoiling thoughts.

And he sighed, "I am the one who collected my brother who had lost himself and brought him back to life. And all, because he had hoped to have you once. And when he did find you? I wanted him to have all the joy. All the happiness, that is why I was who I was with you. But...his anger problems, started hurting you. And I cared about you mute. I couldn't see him. I knew he would marry you someday but is he crossing all the lines with you? Without even telling you the truth, made me mad at him. I do want you both together. But not on the terms of lies." He explained so simply.

Devakshaya looks like a man you can enjoy having fun with, your days filled with laughter. But the closer you get to him? The realisation will hit you, that he always has a new side to show him.

I turned back to the windows when a toy shop passed from me, and I sat up, "Devakshaya? Can you stop the car in this market?" I asked him and he looked at me strangely and nodded.