7: Reconnect

Maya's recovery at home was a continuous struggle. Between the constant throbbing headaches and the fatigue, Maya was beginning to find this time unbearable.

In the six weeks that Maya was recovering, she barely spoke to her wife. They managed to move through the house in smooth motion, without bumping heads for the most part..

"Maya! You're in pain so you need to take the medication Amelia prescribed," Carina demanded. It was 3am and Maya woke up groaning in pain, Carina heard her from the guest bedroom and went to check on her wife. When Carina suggested she take medication to reduce the pain Maya argued that she was fine.

This time was hard for them both, they loved each other.. wanted each other, but seemingly couldn't move past Maya's betrayal. And as Maya's condition improved so did her need to reconnect with her wife. To reconcile.

Maya knew she had to change. So she put in the work, she was still seeing Dianne consistently. She also would update Carina on where she was, she wanted her wife to be able to trust her again. Whenever the team had a tough call or a rough shift, Maya would call Dianne or speak to Carina if she had the chance. The point is that Maya learned to communicate, she left the channel open. Despite Carina's walls being up, Maya continued to communicate with her wife, in the hope that they could go back to where they were.

Carina felt similar. She loved Maya, she wanted her.. Carina wanted to love on her wife again, but she couldn't. She couldn't let Maya see that she was forgiving her, she didn't want to seem weak. Maya couldn't just walk all over her, Carina wouldn't allow it. But oh, she loved her blonde too much to keep her at arms length for any longer.

It had been eight weeks since Maya came home from the hospital, She was cleared for for life as normal, work, exercise etc.

It was a Sunday morning, Maya and Carina both had the day off - something they both tried to avoid now - they were in the kitchen making breakfast. Around each other. Separately. A mastered dance of silence and avoidance, somehow able to move around their small kitchen without touching or even making eye contact.

Until now, they were both stood with their backs facing each other, Carina at the stove, Maya at the island, and they turned around at the same time. As they bumped into each other, their breath hitched, they locked eyes for the first time in what felt like months. Their breasts brushed against one another's... they froze.

"Sorry" Maya mumbled, moving the slide pst Carina, worried she'd make her uncomfortable. Although something in her body woke up, was electrified, she knew Carina wouldn't want to touch her in this way. Or at least she thought she knew.

"Bambina I- I want you," Carina whispered, holding Maya by the hip, holding her in place.

This was it, Carina couldn't wait any longer. She moved her hands to Maya's face, pulling her closer. Crashing their lips together in a heated frenzy. Maya reacted immediately, grabbing her wife by the waist and pulling their bodies flush against each other's.

Carina swiped her tongue over Mayas bottom lip, asking for entry, Maya accepted.. Opening her mouth to let Carina's tongue explore the waiting cavity.
Things continued to grow more at more heated, Maya's hands travelling over Carina's ass and to the underside of her thighs, picking her up in one swift motion.

Carina let out a soft moan in excitement, wrapping her slender legs around Maya's waist, gripping the hair at the nape of her wife's next.

"Bed!" Carina moaned when Maya squeezed her ass harshly, now walking towards their bedroom Carina reached down for the hem of Maya's t shirt and lifting it over her head, leaving her wife top less. Maya's full breasts fell out from under her shirt just as they entered the bedroom, then blonde swiftly walked towards their bed placing Carina on her back on the centre of the bed.