(2) Untested Hypothesis

One shot

In science, hypothesis is a word used to describe a tentative explanation that can be tested by further investigation.

I have a sort of that.

It's not tested, therefore not proven but I still want to conclude that it will fall to my advantage, into what I wish to be my ending.

I step my foot out of my car. It is exactly 6:00 pm just right as I promised.

The sky is slowly invaded by the dark, and the orange hues are trying hard to escape from being devoured.

I am in someone I knew's front yard. Inside their gate is a pool of people chatting, laughing, and drinking liquor.

I bring myself inside quietly, not in the mood to speak to any of them.

I roam my eyes in the crowd looking for the reason why I am here. I suddenly felt like it was not the right decision to be here. It's so stupid of me to pretend that it's alright to come here and act normal because it's been years and my business should have been done!

I feel dizzy overthinking things and the number of people surrounding me. Ang bobo kasi eh! Sabing di na dapat ako pumunta dito! With a pounding heart, I slowly walk myself out of the crowd. Going back to my car specifically!

"Mommy!", a cute small voice made me stop midway.

Natigil lahat ng mga iniisip ko kanina. I slowly face her.

"Hey, honey!", I said slowly bending my knees. She looks like her mom but her eyes and lips are inherited from her father.

"Wheyr ya goin mommy?", she asked. Maypagkabulol pa siya kung magsalita. She's 4 years old now, and I'm here because it's her birthday.

Nangapa ako ng mga salita kung paano ko lulusotan ang isang simpleng tanong! Her eyes then caught mine. Ang mga matang namana niya sa kaniyang ama. It looks like a light brown coffee and shines like the embers of the death of a giant star-- a supernova, and its shape resemble a quadrangle. Nangingilid ang mga luha sa mata ko ng maalala ang mga matang kagaya niyan na ako lang ang tinatangi at tinititigan na parang pinakalamang sa lahat.

I am walking pass the pathway of our university. Papunta ako ngayon sa cafeteria when I noticed a loud group of boys standing in the entrance towards the stairs of the university library. I slowly roam my eyes to their group, and crinkle my nose. They seemed to be feeling gwapo. My stare stops midway to a person who's looking intently at me. I was taken aback. Hindi ko napigilan ang panglalaki ng mata ko kasi he's undeniably gorgeous.

He is lean and tall. He has fair skin like milk. His hair is disheveled na parang bagong gising lang. He has a pointed nose, thin pink lips, and quadrangle shape eyes, all suit well with his small yet manly face.

On the next days, I often see him near the table I am in. I don't know if I am being delusional or if he is really often watching me. Nakakaconscious naman! Does he find me maganda that's why he's looking at me oftentimes? Well, can't blame him, a lot of people really find me beautiful.

I am already in my 2nd year in college and I fortunately forgot that guy with disheveled hair. I mean not totally because I still sometimes see him in the cafeteria during breaks but I don't give much attention to him anymore. Because I felt embarrassed to think that he liked me! Where in fact he might not even know my name! I doubt he even distinguishes me in the university's crowd. Sa dami ba naman ng nakakasalubong niya every day, he won't recognize me.

The sun is up. It's a lazy afternoon and I am definitely bored in my room. I am just lying in my bed looking at my plain white ceiling. My room has two big double-hung windows. The window on the right side of my bed has curtains and I closed it earlier to lessen the lights that were entering my room.