(5) Stay Omega Stay

Start from the beginning

                "At least two dozen." I thanked her as she put the mug down in front of me and sat down. "I'm probably one of the best trackers, I come from a long bloodline of them."

                "It's nice hearing someone talk about themselves instead of them asking about me." I noted, realizing I liked hearing other's own unique stories. "It makes me feel like I didn't miss the most important time of my life."

                Savannah laughed softly, little crinkles appearing at the edge of her eyes. "You're not the only one who missed out on a huge part of their life."

                "You seem pretty happy." I examined her, trying to figure out why she had suddenly gotten gloomy.

                She only gave me a small smile, and we both sipped out tea quietly for a few moments. "I may not have spent nearly eighteen years in captivity, but I've spent the same years looking for a lot of people."

                "Like who?" I placed me arms on the table and leaned into to her to listen.

                I hated people knowing just my story, and I wanted to hear others. The people I've grown close with know I've spent many years believing I'm unloved and understand me. I can try to relate and help as many people as I can. I'm determined to find Oliver's father, and help Kory come to terms with his new relationship. I want to help my mother find it in her heart to forgive her parents, while I do the same for both of mine.

                "My parents abandoned me when I was little, and when that psycho Zaire died I was placed back into the adoption service in hopes of finding a member of my family." She let out a breathless laugh. "I guess it was inevitable that I would meet baby Kory."

                "You grew up with Kory?" I smiled at the thought of Savannah as a young girl playing with Kory, who was only a baby when he was in the homes.

                "I don't know if he told you, but he did stay in the pack for a few years before he was transported back to Bermuda. By then Lucian's little sister was born and getting older." She smirked, as if remembering a funny memory. "I gave him my number, email, and temporary address before I told him about a little beach house he can stay when he got older."

                "The house." I noted, remembering that was the first place I stayed when I escaped before we found ourselves breaking into Trixie and Jeremy's summer home.

                "Long story short I helped Kory build up himself and become the young man he is today." She took a sip of her cooling tea. "I became his legal guardian when he turned eleven. I wasn't a parent, since I was turning nineteen but it got him out to grow up. He took Oliver with him."

                "That's how you know each other."

It was hard to imagine a friendship like that. Savannah waited until she was old enough to adopt him so he could grow up the way he wanted to. He didn't have to jump from one home to another and never know the real meaning of home. She gave up her entire life to guide him, while still living in Canada. How she managed to have a double life is amazing, but admirable all at the same time.

                Did Lilura basically do the same for me? She had prepped me for the right moment to have me break out. She had this entire thing planned out since the beginning. What about Oliver? Would he do the same for me? He left his home with everyone in hopes of finding his family. I guess wherever Oliver goes Kory follows. They've been with each other since they were little.