𝐛 𝐨 𝐧 𝐮 𝐬

𝐗𝐗𝐕

✮✮✮

  "Y'know, I don't think I've taken you on a proper date yet..." Five murmured, his fingers interlaced with mine. A smile spread across his lips.
  I shook my head. "Is now really the time? I mean, shouldn't we figure out what we're gonna do now?"
  His smile faltered a little. Suddenly I couldn't care less about where we would sleep, or how we would build ourselves a life here.
  "You don't want to?" He questioned. I could almost hear the slight hurt in his voice, though he was good at hiding it.
  "Of course I do! Forget what I said." I squeezed his hand in reassurance and his smile reached his eyes again.

  I wasn't sure where he would take me, but I was happy to finally have this. I'd never been in a relationship. Well, a proper one. The type where your partner takes you out on dates regularly. Where they tell you daily how much they love you, where they hold your hand and tell you how pretty you are. I'd only ever known being ignored in public and used in private. I was glad that was finally over.

  "Are you hungry?" Five asked, as we approached a small coffee shop. I was surprised to see it was still open this late, but it was very pretty. Ivy climbed the walls, little pink and white flowers dotted between the leaves.  In truth, I wasn't really, but I didn't hurt to lie.
  I nodded and hummed. "Mhm."

  A little bell rung above us and the woman behind the counter turned to us. She looked awfully familiar, but I couldn't quite place where I'd seen her. She gave us a warm smile as the door swung shut behind us.
  We sat at a table beside the window, a flickering candle in the centre. Few people sat around, most with cups of coffee or hot chocolate, only two with actual meals.
  "Maybe we could go somewhere else for food?" Five eyed the menu. Sandwiches and soup weren't the best dinner options, but with my appetite, it seemed that was all I'd be able to stomach.
  I simply nodded. "Whatever you want, really."

  The waitress approached us, a pen and pad in her hands. She smiled her warm smile again, and suddenly the long, dark braids that framed her face perfectly, and her rich, tanned skin seemed far too familiar. She was the pretty cashier from the store in the previous universe.
  I'd been sad about not getting to say goodbye to her, but I'd also kinda hoped I wouldn't see her again. Yet, here she was.
  And I don't think she recognized me one bit.

  "What can I get for you two?"
  Five looked up from the menu, though I was certain he already knew what he'd get before we even entered the cafe. "Coffee. Black."
  She scribbled his order and turned to me.
  "I'll just get a hot chocolate, please." I smiled politely.
  "Whipped cream or marshmallows?"
  I pondered for a moment, "Just whipped cream, thanks."
  She nodded and scribbled that down too, before retreating back behind the counter.

  "What's your favorite color?"
  "What?"
  He chuckled. "Your favorite color. What is it? I don't think you've ever told me." Five started, fiddling with his sleeve. "I mean, I used to think it was red, since when we first met you always had some form of it in your outfit. Sometimes in your hair, other times it was your sweater. But now I'm starting to think it's blue. I'm not sure why, I just get the feeling..."
  He trailed off, his face heating up. I wasn't sure what to say. He'd really noticed all that? My mouth dropped open a little.
  "Nevermind. It doesn't really matter..."
  "You were right." I smiled, "It is red. Although blue's a good color too."
  The smile returned to his lips.

  Before I could ask him for his favorite color, which I guessed might be purple, the pretty waitress returned with our drinks, placing them down in front of us.
  "Is there anything else I can get for you?"
  I shook my head politely. "No thanks. That's all for now."
  She nodded and left again to serve another couple who'd entered just a minute ago.

  The mug was a deep red. I laughed at the irony of it. Five grinned too.
  I brought the mug to my lips, careful not to burn my tongue, and sipped happily. Five laughed at me when I placed the mug back down.
  "What?" I asked, a little self-conscious.
  He simply leaned over the table in response, swiping his thumb against my top lip. He pulled back and licked the whipped cream from his thumb.
  "Better."

  For the next half hour, we simply talked and drank. Everything we'd missed in the 'getting-to-know-each-other' stage was recapped, and I could now truthfully say that I knew his favorite color was green, he hated purple (despite my previous assumption), and his favorite season was fall, since it wasn't too hot or cold.
  We hadn't a clue of how we were to get by in a whole new universe, but we knew we'd find a way. Five promised to teach me everything new in the 21st century, and I smiled at the hope that we really could live peacefully here.

  I knew it was naive to think that nothing could go wrong, but for now everything seemed okay. And living in the moment was much more exciting than worrying about the problems to come. I was content, and for the time being, that was all that mattered.

✮✮✮

  okay, so we're officialy done! sorry this took so long, ngl i kinda forgot i was gonna do a bonus chapter...heh...

  anyhow, i hope u enjoyed and i can't wait to (hopefully) see you all for season 4!! :D

  i love you all sm mls, and please take care of yourselves <33

-eva xoxo