𝐝 𝐞 𝐮 𝐱.

𝐈𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Oh shit!" Klaus cried, as I leapt out of the way. Luther flew into him, knocking both them and the couch over. My eyes widened in horror as the dark-skinned man made his way over to Luther. The rest of the Sparrows split up, Ben and the cube staying in the parlor, whilst the pretty one, lizard girl, the ugly guy and the blind bitch followed Allison, Vanya and I into the hallway.

Vanya dodged the punches that lizard girl threw at her, whilst Allison fought the blind one. I hurried away, slipping into a room off to the left. It was well-furnished, just like the rest of the house, though a lot smaller than the parlor. I guessed it was an office of some kind.

I collapsed into a chair beside a bookcase, sighing in frustration. I'd been naive to trust Five when he'd said everything would be okay, especially since he fucked it up the first time. I wasn't blaming him though. They all belonged in this timeline-or at least in 2019-but I didn't. If I'd stayed in the 60s, where I was supposed to be, nothing might've gone wrong. I couldn't help the small voice in my head, telling me it was my fault. I swallowed my self-doubt though, when I heard Vanya scream, followed by a loud thud.

"Art snob, huh?" The pretty one called, as I entered the hall again. Her hand was outstretched and glowing white. I decided I didn't like her so much, after all. They were all assholes, I was certain.

A gentle wind swept about me, the woman's hair beginning to flow with it. My chest glowed the same blue color as my hands, only much brighter than before. I could hear a faint noise resonating from somewhere within me, as my breath hitched at the sight. I couldn't seem to control what was happening. All I knew was that she hurt one of my friends and I would hurt her.

Before I knew it, the Sparrows, plus Allison, had been thrown backwards, as a wave of crackling, blue energy erupted from me. I was sent flying in the opposite direction, collapsing against one of the marble column. I had no clue what I'd just done, but it seemed to work. And it looked really fucking cool. The only downside was that I was now exhausted, and struggling to catch my breath. I made a mental note to ask Vanya to teach me how to use my new-found powers, once we weren't fighting for our lives. Literally.

Allison rumored the blind bitch and she stood helplessly beside the table, as the ugly guy walked forwards. Lizard girl had disappeared, leaving me to face the now very mad woman before me. Damn, she even looked good when her face was twisted with rage.

I didn't see what happened, but suddenly Allison was on the floor beside me, the both of us defenseless. The ugly guy and the pretty girl both stepped towards us menacingly, but a familiar, warped, blue light flashed beside us. Five grabbed both our hands and blinked us away.

"Thanks," Allison and I said in unison, as we all strained to get up. My head ached and there was a faint ringing in my ears, but I pushed them away as I stood.
"No problem," Five smiled, though he only looked at me. His face wore a relieved look, probably mirroring mine.