Although a certain CEO looked very calm, actually...

H-Hubby?

This arrogant girl just called me 'hubby'!

She called me 'hubby'...

Ha ha! That feels pretty good!

Why do I have this urge to change her way of addressing me into that?

After sending the man off, she, who was experiencing an internal conflict over her slip of the tongue earlier, finally heaved a sigh of relief.

His gentle announcement of his return at night was, thus, ignored by her.

Bang!

Slamming the door shut, her blank face broke into a wide smile.

"He he he!"

She smiled brightly.

"Yay, I'm the only one in this home now!" She shouted excitedly.

Ha ha! I'm the only one at home now!

She was excited at the thought.

She went around the house from the first floor to the second floor to third floor, and it was only when every corner and room was combed through that she stopped her exploration.

As she was very active earlier, she was feeling slightly weary by the time she returned to the living room. Lastly, She scooped her lunch on the plate and turn on the Netflix Tv to watch a trendy thriller series. She put the plate on the table, sat down on the couch and started her day off with a happy smile on her face. After so many years, finally she is enjoying a happy day off from work or any other burden, Wow...It feels great. 

*

*

*

*

Well, The days living with him, moments spending with him are not that bad...that arrogant man...tsk...Smiling happily...

"It's time for dinner, right?" Serena looked at the digital wall clock which showed seven in the evening, she hurriedly got up off her bed.

"I don't know what to cook, either. Let's see what's in the kitchen fridge!"

Once she was in the kitchen, she opened the fridge with familiarity and began rummaging through it.

"There's tomato, eggs, beef..." When she saw the abundant food in the fridge, she was suddenly in a pickle.

"Wow, there're so many ingredients; just what should I prepare?!"

She frowned gloomily, It was easy to choose what to cook in breakfast but now...What about dinner?!. This was when she caught sight of a chicken container at the side, and suddenly, she knew what to prepare for tonight!

"Okay! I'll boil chicken soup tonight. That arrogant person should like eating chicken soup!" She grinned as she eyed the fresh fish in the water. Her eyes reflected the bliss she felt.

Chicken soup with three dishes. Mhm! The perfect dinner!

It was perfect, indeed, but reality was cruel.

Just as she finished preparing food, and she was starting to wonder why the man had yet to arrive, she received his call.

"Hello, Ethan. You—" Why aren't you back yet? I've prepared dinner.

The man spoke before she could ask her question, though.

"I'm not going back tonight. You can call delivery for yourself."

He then hung up the phone.

Du, du, du... It was only when she heard the disconnected tone that she came back to her senses.

"Oh... B*stard!" She put her phone aside and scolded angrily. "He is really a b*stard! This is only the day she cooked something thinking of him and...., and he already isn't coming home! Then, what's the point of cooking this much?!"

"He is really a b*stard! He already isn't coming home! Then, what's the point of staying together?!" Grumbling about the man for a good while, she eventually calmed down. In the next moment, though, the sight of the food she had prepared sparked her rage again.

"If he's not coming back, he should've informed me in advance!

"If he's not coming back! He shouldn't have told me that he'd return tonight!"

Why did he even bother telling me that he'll be back tonight and to wait for his return? It's all rubbish!

She pursed her lips tightly as she felt her heart ache.

So much... So much for me thinking so hard on what to cook for him tonight...

Forget it; forget it! If he's not coming back, it's even better as I can have all this food to myself!

In the end, she didn't eat anything and sat on the couch unhappily. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊