The other party's voice was unfamiliar and calm: "This is the Radiology Department of XX Hospital. Is this Ms. Ran Yuwei?"
"I am her daughter. I left my phone number during the filming yesterday."
He Shanran turned his head and looked over.
"CT shows that Ms. Ran Yuwei has large areas of shadow in her lungs. Please come to the hospital as soon as possible to get the results and consult a respiratory expert..."
Song Ran was stunned on the spot.
……
After watching the film, Director Dong, a respiratory specialist, was diagnosed with lung cancer, which had progressed to the mid-stage.
Song Ran's heart sank again and again. She didn't understand medicine, so she could only ask over and over again: "Is it serious?"
"Can it be cured?"
"Is the probability high?"
"It's hard to say yet. It depends on the individual's body and treatment feedback. Let's be hospitalized immediately." Director Dong said, "Lung cancer is different from other cancers. It worsens or changes very quickly. It has already developed to the middle stage.  There can be no further delay.”
As soon as Song Ran left the office, she was confused.  The man was holding on to the wall, his legs were so weak that he could hardly stand still.
Ran Yuwei's expression was quite calm, and she sighed and said: "A lot of work needs to be handed over, and some of it has to be done by myself..."
"When has it been?" Song Ran shouted in a low voice, "Still talking about work, work. I'm going to die. I wonder how you can still work!"
Ran Yuwei glanced at her and said calmly: "There is nothing else in my life."
Ran Yuwei was quickly admitted to the hospital.
But during the treatment, her ward was never quiet.
There is an endless stream of leaders and colleagues coming to see her, and the flowers have to be cleaned every day.
There are even more subordinates holding computers and documents to discuss work.
She has a high position and heavy tasks.  Although he is ill, the department's business cannot be paralyzed.  The ward became almost an office.  While she was taking medicines, injections and receiving treatment, she had to lie on the hospital bed to hold meetings with her subordinates.  There are explanations here and admonitions there.
The doctor said that the patient should rest and reminded her several times; but considering her position, she had no choice but to ignore it later.  He only told Song Ran that cancer treatment was very physically demanding and Ran Yuwei was too weak. Try to let her rest as much as possible, at least not to work at night.
Song Ran was relatively polite to her colleagues in her mother's workplace at first, but day by day, Ran Yuwei became thinner and thinner.
When she turned pale in pain day and night, Song Ran became more and more anxious and frightened; when her subordinates kept coming to ask about her work, Song Ran finally couldn't help but lose her temper.
That day, Song Ran walked into the ward and saw that Ran Yuwei was so busy that she forgot to take her medicine, and the pills were still on the table.
She put the water glass on the table and said, "I forgot to take the medicine again. Can your disease be cured? It hurts so much and you still don't rest. Is there no one in XXX? Is it going to collapse without you?"  Lost?"
The subordinates in the room were silent.
Song Ran said: "It's been more than half a month, and the work handover should be completed. In the future, if there is no major event, I can just call and report. Let my mother rest more."
The subordinates apologized: "It's our fault too. We rely too much on the director, and we can't decide the direction when something big happens."
Ran Yuwei smiled and said: "My daughter has taken care of me recently and hasn't closed her eyes much. People tend to lose their temper when they are tired. However, if one day I leave, if she needs anything, if you encounter it, can you help me?"  We must help her.”
Song Ran was stunned and felt extremely sad.
After the others left, Ran Yu sighed slightly: "XXX's work is under great pressure, and a small mistake is a big problem. These kids are doing their jobs well, and their work is not easy. Why are you getting angry with them?"
Song Ran's eyes were red and she stared out the window without saying a word.  I remembered coming out of the doctor's office just now. The doctor said that the treatment effect was not satisfactory. It failed to control the cancer cells and also killed a large number of normal lung cells.
The doctor said: "Your mother is strong enough, even male patients can't endure it. If you are an ordinary person, you will be crying and rolling on the bed in pain at this stage. She can still continue to work."
Song Ran didn't speak, took a deep breath and raised her head.
Ran Yuwei's voice was weak, but her tone was stern: "Well, why are you crying? You are so weak, not like me at all."
"Who is crying?" She turned to look at her, "I have never cried once."
Ran Yuwei looked at her for a while and fell silent.  Song Ran continued to look out the window.
In the Imperial City in September, the night is as bright as the stars.
"Mom," Song Ran looked at the night sky and asked suddenly, "Don't you feel pain?"
"It's just because it hurts so much that I work." Ran Yuwei said,
"Although I am no longer young at this age, I still have my own ideas and pursuits. I have worked hard for my career all my life and achieved something. I am very happy and proud. I can leave something more for the young people under me.  , I am willing."
Song Ran listened, but suddenly asked: "Do you still hate dad?"
"Hate." Her answer was definite.
"Do you still love him?"
"I don't love you. I stopped loving you a long time ago." Ran Yu said with a sickly face, "Some people say that if you don't love, you won't hate, and if you hate, you still love. They are all pretentious lies.
Hate is hate, not love.  I had several unforgettable relationships over the years.  And I hate Song Zhicheng from the bottom of my heart.  I hate him, not because of emotional pull, love and love are nothing, I hate him for trampling on my self-esteem.  I want to be successful all my life, but I was humiliated by him.  Even if I die, you won't allow him to come to my funeral.  You should know what my personality is.  "
Strong and proud, one would rather break than bend.  Dignity and personality are more important than life.
Song Zhicheng wanted to visit after learning that she was ill, but Ran Yuwei refused.
When I left Liangcheng, I said that if I didn’t see him again in this life, I would never see him again.  Song Zhicheng arrived last week, but Ran Yuwei refused to allow him to enter the ward.  In the end, Song Zhicheng only took a look outside.
Song Ran said softly: "Okay."
It was getting late, and she was about to leave to let her rest more.
But Ran Yuwei suddenly said: "Your name is written on the house in Imperial City. The real estate certificate is on the top floor of the wardrobe in my room."
Song Ran asked anxiously: "Why are you talking about this?"
Ran Yuwei seemed unaware and said: "Ran Ran, when you are in love, talk about it happily; when you work, do it seriously. Although you are devoted to your heart and soul as soon as you fall in love, I am not worried that you will lose yourself and lose yourself. I  I know that you have your own value pursuits and your heart is firm.
In this life, pursue what you want and don’t live in vain.  The value of life is never measured by length.  Once you have figured this out, if you want to realize any value or ideal, even if it is just a very longing wish, you can run and rush towards it boldly.  No matter what age you are, don’t be misled by the world.  To remember.  "
Song Ran just looked out the window and refused to look at her.
This mother who never seems to support her but only opposes her...
   "Mother."
   "Um?"
"You pursued the life you wanted. Have you ever regretted it? Have you ever regretted it?"
"No." She said.
She looked at her daughter's side face and said suddenly in her heart, but I regret it a little now. The only regret is that I didn't take you with me since childhood and spent too little time with you.
More than twenty years ago, the little Ran Ran was only two or three years old. What a lovely child, how could she be willing to leave her behind?  On the day she left, the little child ran staggeringly down Qingshi Lane, crying all the way. How could she be willing to let him go?
Although she was not raised by her side, she was actually another Ran Yuwei in her bones.  Not at all like Song Zhicheng.
The nurse came in and urged the lights to be turned off. Song Ran walked to the door and turned around: "Uncle and aunt said they would come over to see you."
"Okay." Ran Yuwei said, frowning and turning over.
Song Ran stood outside the ward for a while, and it was quiet inside.
But after standing for a while, she heard it.  I heard my mother's deep and long gasping sound due to the unbearable pain. It was painful and depressing, as if she was about to breathe.
Song Ran took a deep breath silently, as if several sharp knives were inserted into her heart.
She couldn't bear it anymore, ran to the corridor, hugged herself and sat on the steps, burying her head deeply.
She took out the antidepressant medicine from her bag, stuffed it into her mouth and swallowed it down her throat. She sat in the dark for an unknown length of time, trying to use the medicine to relieve the fear and pain in her heart.  To no avail.
She had no choice but to finally take out her cell phone and call Li Zan, even though she knew there were only endless beeps on the other side.
She opened her mouth to the unanswered phone, but couldn't say anything.  Until the other end said: "Sorry, the user you called is temporarily unavailable."
She grabbed the phone tightly and buried her head in her arms.  After a long time, he whispered:
"A-Zan, my mother seems to be... dying."
But no one responded to her words.
I didn’t even hear the sensor light and refused to turn on.  She was left alone, hugging herself and huddled in the darkness.
……
After their uncle and aunt finished handling the work at hand, they took a long leave from their respective units, and quickly came to the Imperial City with Ran Chi.
My uncle was already in his forties. When he saw his sister in the hospital bed, she was so thin and so thin that she couldn't stop crying.  Auntie cried too.  Ran Chi also shed tears with red eyes.
Ran Yuwei got tired of hearing this and said, "I'm not dead yet. Why are you crying? Get out of here if you cry again."
My uncle and aunt lived in the Imperial City, and my uncle took turns guarding Ran Yuwei.  Auntie looks up recipes every day, cooks soup, and supplements her nutrition.
With more relatives around to help, Song Ran finally felt better.

But more than ten days later, Ran Yuwei suddenly fell into a coma.  The doctor said that an accidental bacterial infection in the lungs caused severe pneumonia, and the patient could only be given an artificial lung.
Song Ran didn't understand medicine, but she had seen similar news during the winter flu and knew the situation was critical this time.
My uncle and aunt were all panicked.  Song Ran was so frightened that he called Luo Zhan and asked where Li Zan was.
Luo Zhan said that he couldn't find Li Zan now and could only wait until he returned to camp in a week before notifying him.
Song Ran put down the phone and sat in the stairwell, shaking, but she didn't shed a single tear.
Day after day, Ran Yuwei has not come out of the ICU.
Song Ran no longer remembered how many days she had been in the hospital. She only knew that every day she saw her body covered with tubes and even her breathing relied on machines. She was almost numb from the pain.
That afternoon, the crisis suddenly broke out.
Ran Yuwei's heart rate dropped rapidly, and experts rushed into the ward for rescue.
Song Ran stared at the nurses coming in and out, her face pale.
Ran Chi came over and hugged her tightly, patting her back again and again.
But she just stared at the door, staring hard.
Just then, the phone in my pocket vibrated.  This time the screen was either garbled or had two clear words "A-Zan".  +Si+Rabbit+Net+
In an instant, her heart was full of grievances, and her eyes were wet with tears before she answered the phone. His voice was urgent and nervous as she had never heard before: "Ran Ran, I'll be here right away. Don't be afraid, huh?"
She choked with sobs: "A-Zan, my mother is in danger now..."
"Don't cry. It's okay." He spoke quickly and tried to comfort him, "Don't be afraid. The team of experts assigned to your mother is the best, from treatment plan to medication. This disease can be cured.  . Don’t worry, really. Colonel Lin had lung cancer the year before last, a little later than your mother. But he was cured. Your mother will definitely be fine. "
Song Ran felt a little calmer after hearing this.  Yes, after Ran Yuwei fell ill, XXX had mobilized the best medical resources in the Imperial City.
She wiped her eyes, sniffed and said, "Then you should come here quickly."
"Six hours," he said, "I'll be there in six hours."
Six hours, time has never been so difficult.
In the evening, Ran Yuwei temporarily survived a crisis.
Several department heads from her unit came. Song Ran was very calm this time and explained the situation to them in detail.
He Shanran's mother was also there, holding her in her arms distressedly and saying, "Thank you for your hard work, Ranran. Don't be afraid, your mother will get better. The best experts in the entire Imperial City are here, and she will definitely get better." 
Song Ran nodded.
After they were all gone, she finally had some free time, hugging herself and sitting on a chair in the corridor in a daze.  Thinking about what she would do if the worst happened.
Still thinking about it, the hem of the white coat appeared in sight.
Song Ran looked up and saw He Shanran.
He had just finished an operation and was a little tired. He looked at her with a smile: "Didn't you say that your eyes should stop crying all the time?"
Song Ran touched his eyes that were red from exhaustion and said, "I didn't cry. I never cried."
"Don't worry. Aunt Ran is very strong. There will be a worst period during cancer treatment. But if you get through this, you will be fine."
"Well." Song Ran said, "By the way, your mother is here today."
"Really? I don't even know." Speaking of this, He Shanran said, "I heard from my mother that the leaders and colleagues who came to visit some time ago were all told by my aunt."
"What are you entrusting?"
"Just in case, just in case. Let them take care of you wherever they can help in the future. You are a reporter and like to travel abroad. If you encounter any trouble, please ask the department to help."
Song Ran was stunned and her eyes were sore.

She looked away, inhaled hard, shrank her nose, and tried to restrain herself.
He Shanran looked at her thin shoulders that were trembling slightly, and suddenly reached out and touched her head.
"Ran Ran!" A familiar voice sounded like it had been waiting for a century.
Song Ran turned around and saw Li Zan appearing at the end of the corridor, panting and not even having time to change out of his camouflage uniform.
"A-Zan!"
She stood up and rushed over, threw herself into his arms, hugged him and burst into tears.