V| Red Armed Exemplars

Börja om från början

     “About what?”

     “My promise.”

    “What —?”

    “Also yes PFFT I’m seasick.”

     Nya was about to ask more into detail until her attention was brought to the startling noise coming from the quarter deck.

     The captain shoves the charts in his coat. He leaves the helm as the presumed helmsman takes over it. He starts descending down the stairs, eyes set on the four captives as he menacingly makes his way towards them. The sailors clear the paths for him, like the waters parting once approached.

     “You’ve gone quiet, what’s going on?” Jay nervously asked as he tried to move around and see what’s going on behind him.

     Yang takes a turn (much to the three’s surprise) and approaches a fellow pirate instead who stands far away by the railings. Zane and Pixal are the last to get out of Yang’s way, taking a bit of time before stepping out and revealing their bucko.

     Cole scans the floor.

    “Ehem.”

      Bugger.

     He straightens his back. “Intruders, capt’n.” He points at the four. “I’ve got them all captured just for you.” He smiles, ignoring the priceless faces of Kai and Nya.

     Yang let out his signature deep chuckle. “And what may ye say we do to them, Rocky?”

     “Do what ye will, however I suggest we leave them like that! It’ll act as a warning for the dogs and mark me words we will sail as smooth as Billy Bob’s head.”

     Everyone turns to look at their bald shipmate. Billy smiles at them and caresses his head.

     Yang smirks and nods his head in approval. “Do what I will, ye say?” He whips out his blunderbuss. “A threat works better with a rotting body, Dangerbuff.”

     In a split second he shoots at the space between Kai and Lloyd’s legs, causing all four of them to jump and scream. “You’ve sailed the seas yer whole life, ye know that better than I do,” he added as he continued to shoot around the mast, intentionally aiming close to their feet and heads while they all freak out. Many of the crew laughed.

     Cole falters as the whole thing unfolds in front of him. “But — but they’re innocent —”

    Zane steps up before him. “I believe it’s better if they are left alive, capt’n!”

     Yang stops shooting and brings his firearm down. He gives Zane a dirty look, eyeing him head to toe like a worm he had just stepped on. “Ye saying I am not right, Jaguar?”

     “No sir, what you said was true, although in this case it’s better for us to keep them alive as we sail to Stiix.”

     “...What’s yer bargain?”

     “I mean this with all due respect, but since we’ve got a dirty reputation on all pirate coves — Stiix included — it is certain that they may not accept our trades, so I suggest we run a gig to trick them into cooperating with us. We can use a bait none of them is familiar with, hence our four captives being of good use alive.”

     “The four of ‘em as bait?”

     “Aye.”

    “And if I tell ye we’re no need of bait?”