28

𝚃𝚢𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚔

Today's the day. 

Mia was at home with Adri, telling her to get ready for grand opening of the shop. 

"You ready, man?" Yosaun asked, a smile on his face as he lit the candles. I just nodded, fiddling with the bottom of my shirt. 

"You told yo dad about it, yet?" Che asked. I nodded again, pacing back and forth as I watched the birds fly by. I ain't never been this nervous in my fucking life. 

...

"I'm excitedddddd!" Mia sang as she drove me to the grand opening. I just laughed, shaking my head at her. I wore my yellow sundress that reached down to my feet and my white sandals. Ty told me to wear it, to just be comfortable. I showed him on FaceTime and he told me it was perfect, so I just went with it. I styled my new pink and black braids in a half up, half down with a swoop. I felt so pretty as I held onto my baby bump.

"She kicking, I guess she excited too." I laughed.

After a minute of driving, we didn't pull up to the shop. She pulled up to a board walk. "Bitch, why is we at the beach?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Come on, I gotta show you something before we go. We won't be late." She smiled, holding my hand since she knew I couldn't keep up. 

"Hoe, I'm seven months pregnant and this lil girl be fighting the fuck outta me. I move any faster and she might slip out." I spat as she guided me further down the beach. 

"Oh my God." Mia laughed. 

"Why are we here?" I mumbled, looking around. It was empty as fuck, which wasn't usual. Most of the times, all the crazy white people are out here watching the sun rise. 

She didn't answer. 

I started hearing music. Love Hangover by Diana Ross played louder the closer I got. The further we walked, the more I began to realize people standing at the end. I let go of her hand, slowly realizing the scenery. There was a long path of candles on both sides of me as I walked down the sand. I saw Rylo, Che, Khi, Jordan, Jus, even Rob. And I saw Ty. He stood with his hands behind his back as he smiled, watching me walk up.

"Ty?" I asked as I walked up to him. "What ya'll doing?" I laughed as everyone stood so still wit a stupid ass smile. 

"Be serious." Ty laughed. I just nodded, attempting to wipe the smile away.

"Adrianna, you know we been through a lot together." He grabbed my hands and my whole heart dropped. "We been tryna get where we is right now since highschool. We lost a baby, and then we lost each other, but we ended up together in the end. We go through a lot onna day to day and you never gave up on me. I put you through a lot of shit, and you still held me down, you having my daughter, and you support me, Adri, in everything I do. The house and shit was just the beginning. I wanna do a whole lot more shit together, including building a family wit you. This past year and a half made me realize, you the one for me. You the only one I need in my life, so, Adrianna Williamson.." He got down on one knee causing tears to fall. I began crying, completely ruining my makeup. 

He pulled a box from his back pocket. He opened the box and I gasped at the ring. It was so beautiful, you'd think it was the wedding ring and not the engagement ring. The baby started kicking and I held onto my stomach with my right hand, laughing as he smiled up at me. My poor baby, he look so nervous.