The underworld

"Jeongguk! Jeongguk!"

Jeongguk groans at the voice, struggling to open his eyes as Taehyung calls his name.

"What is it?" Jeongguk asks, voice raspy and gruff.

"I am the son of Demeter", Taehyung tells him, face hovering over Jeongguk's. Jeongguk blinks, rubbing his eyes to clear the haze, "Well-"

"Now fuck me", Taehyung says, straddling his stomach.

"God, you really are desperate", Jeongguk groans.

Taehyung nods, cradling Jeongguk's cheeks, leaning in, "Now make love to me, mon amour."

Jeongguk pushes his palm against Taehyung's face, sitting up. "Taehyung" he warns, voice raspy and thick, from waking up, "It is well known that Demeter has no heir. At least do your research before lying." Jeongguk tries to pull Taehyung away from his lap but Taehyung wraps his hands around his neck, pressing closer against Jeongguk.

"I am not lying", Taehyung says, defiantly, " I am the son of Demeter. "

"Taehyung go to sleep-"

"I am the person who they prophesied about."

Jeongguk freezes, his grip on Taehyung's waist tightening. Taehyung swipes his tongue over his lips, " My mother was so scared of the prophecy that she hid me. Made sure no one knew about my existence."

Jeongguk narrows his eyes and the temperature in the room suddenly drops. "So, you are saying Demeter was so scared of you falling in love with me that she thought it was better to hide your whole existence?" Jeongguk snorts, "The prophecy said you would be my only weakness. The Demeter I know would rather take advantage of that."

Taehyung sucks his teeth, "That was only one part of the prophecy. The other part talked about how no one would be able to stop the God of the underworld from taking away what was his. My mother who had prayed to Hera day and night for blessing her womb couldn't bear the thought of someone snatching me away from her one day."

Jeongguk inhales sharply, "So she hid you."

Taehyung chuckled wryly, "She hid me for four years. On my fifth birthday, you fought with my mother over something and trespassed on our land. You intended to destroy our farms in your fury and you did. The realisation that you could just walk into our premises like that horrified my mother. She knew I was not safe, so to ensure that you never get your hands on me she locked my powers and my physical form.-"

Jeongguk's eyes widened, "She ceased your existence."

Taehyung shrugs, "More or less. For then on, my consciousness was trapped in a room. I could talk to my mother, I could hear her but I wasn't speaking. I could sense everything but couldn't touch anything. "

Jeongguk shudders at the realisation, his hand raising to caress Taehyung's cheek, "Oh, Taehyung " his thumb traces his pink lips, "that is why you long to be touched."

Taehyung sighs, leaning in Jeongguk's warmth, "Then one day, Jimin came to our house. Unlike everyone else, he could hear my voice, he followed it to my room. Jimin could sense the power trapping me but didn't know how to do away with it. Since my mother was doing business with him, he would take the opportunity to sneak into my room and talk to me. One day, I don't know how but he broke the seal."

Taehyung's hands gripped on Jeongguk's shoulders almost painfully, his breathing shallow and harsh. "He freed me. Then-"

"Love", Jeongguk calls out, pecking Taehyung's lips, "It's okay. You don't need to say more. Breathe. Okay? Breathe."