Lines (39)

Rivers pov

"I don't know what your problem has been, but you are causing problems!" Vance said loudly while pacing the room as I sat on the couch with my gaze on my lap, keeping my head down, even while I was frustrated, I made sure to show respect to Vance.

"Do you want out that bad? Are we not good enough for you here?" He said loudly. "I'm still punishing you for shouting at Emerson, but really Riv...it was a plate, what's going on, darling?" He said softly as he grabbed my chin forcing me to look up at him, I tried my best to glance away from him, before he snapped in front of my face practically demanding I look at him. Watching his threatening brown eyes, as he waited for an answer.

"N-no I love it here...w-we're just like...letting an anyone?...I mean he's not even...cursed, he has no right being here, he's normal..." I whispered softly, fighting the urge to look away again.

Vance sighed, "River, he's just getting back on his feet...okay?" He almost pleaded with me, like he was asking for my approval. I bit my bottom lip and nodded, honestly whether I wanted it or not, Vance was my dominant and who was I to continue arguing with him...

"Alright, you have one hundred lines, telling me you won't raise your voice out of frustration." My face fell as he held my chin still, while ordering my punishment.

"That's so many-" I started before he cut me off with his thumb against my lips roughly.

"-Riv." His tone was cold and dominantly scary, as I glanced down.

"Yes, sir..." I whispered softly, as he released my chin, as he walked over to his desk, pulling out a blue pen and notebook. Which had papers full of lines done by other boys, while he placed it in my lap.

I will not raise my voice out of frustration

It took me almost two hours, when I was finally done, I had been left alone in the room, finally coming out of the office, into the dining room, as he Lycus grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him softly, wrapping his arms around my body.

I immediately nuzzled into the crook of his neck, Declan poked his head into the room, "you guys wanna help set the table?" He asked softly, as we nodded, once he left Lycus cupped my face before pressing his soft lips to mine, I melted into the kiss, before he also broke the kiss, giving me a soft smile before slipping away, as he both stepped into the kitchen.

Milo's face lit up, as Adorjan, Kalon and Emerson came in. "Would you grab the bottle from the sink for Amar? I was heating it up..." he spoke softly as I walked over and grabbed the bottle, shaking it over my wrist.

"It's good, is she sleeping?" I asked softly, Milo nodded in response glancing back towards me, as he grabbed more plates out of the cabinet to hand to Kalon, to prepare the table, before Milo turned to the oven to pull out the bake, which made the entire kitchen smell delicious...we have all been taking turns cooking dinner, as normally Declan does, but he's still a parent, and having a kid makes things way more difficult, while Milo finished up Declan sat at the counter watching the incubus finish cooking.

"You can wake her up if you want, she needs a bottle." Declan informed me softly, without any complaint I made my way up to one of the guest rooms which has been turned into her adorable little nursery with gold accents, the room was the smallest room we had, yet it was still decent sized, and Vance has agreed if she decided she needs a bigger room she could have one. I slipped into her room, waking up the beautiful girl, as I sat down on the rocking chair, bringing the bottle to her lips, as I smiled, her room was still dim, and the sound machine was still playing white noise, as the light from the hallway reflected onto her, gently brushing her hair with my fingertips as I fed her.

"Oh sweet girl..." I whispered softly, she genuinely was an adorable baby. Vance suddenly poked his head in, before he stepped in, coming around the rocking chair, as he smiled, bother hands going onto my shoulders.

"Oh sweet boy." He mocked massaging my shoulders before leaning his face into the side of my neck, before kissing the sensitive skin.

"Are you ever gonna tell the system about her?" I asked lowly, as he sighed, nodding slightly.

"Eventually, probably sooner rather than later, the issue is them trying to split Declan and Milo, or separating them...that's the last thing I want..." he said lowly, before suddenly he was cut off as Lycus came shouting into the room abruptly.

"Vance!" I felt the baby jump in my arms as Lycus came running into the room, as she suddenly started to cry from getting startled, yet I think both Vance and I were also startled...

"Emerson is convulsing!" He said breathing heavily as he must've rushed up the stairs. "He's unresponsive, h-he's not okay!" Lycus spit his words out suddenly, with wide eyes and a hand on the door frame. Standing up I tried to bounce her softly so she'd quiet and stop crying. Vance glanced back to me, as I quickly responded to him. "I'll stay up here, shut the door behind you, I'll quiet her..." I said softly shifting the small baby to my chest, almost protectively.

"Get him on his side, I'll be right there." Vance ordered before he stepped close to me and rubbed my back, dipping down to kiss the top of Amar's head softly before Vance left the room, shutting the door and leaving me in the dark.