Shut out(18)

Eli's pov:

I sat against the headboard, deciding not to sleep any longer, every time I closed my eyes the horror filled my mind. The door opened letting the light in.
"I'd like to let you rest but we need to look you over."
Vance came in with a soft tone as the doctor stood behind him.

Tears filled my eyes, he was gonna see all the marks, all the disgusting things I let Coby do to me.
I shook my head slightly as they both came closer, my breathing sped up, as I started to shake, Vance sat on my bed and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Eli baby..." Vance whispered softly making me glance up at him struck with fear.

"I-I will if it's just me and Dr Hartley..."
I whispered softly, as I watched Vance's expression crumble, but it would be worse if he saw the marks, Coby's branding, the bruises, this was for the best. I needed to close them off and keep them away from me.

I watched Vance nod slowly, with a hurt look before the doctor began to speak.

"Eliot, would you lay on your back for me, I'm gonna examine your chest for any broken ribs?"
He began as I let him do his thing, feeling extremely uncomfortable while he pressed around my torso, examined the burns and cuts.

He let Vance back in the room talking lowly.
"I'm gonna prescribe an antibiotic for the wounds, nothing appears to be broken but a couple ribs are out of place. Mr. Haven...you did get very lucky, I'd recommend therapy." The doctor nodded before turning to me.
"Remember you are never alone." I wanted to roll my eyes.
Before I turned to my side, I just wish Declan was late.

The peace I had felt, away from Coby...

The doctor left the room, and Vance made a dip in the bed as he sat down.

"You won't even talk to me..." He whispered before placing a hand on my waist making me uncontrollably flinch.

"Eli..." he grabbed my shoulder trying to get me to face him as I shook him off roughly.
Sitting up, keeping my eyes low.

"I wish he didn't find me." I mumbled lowly making Vance tense yet I ignored it and continued.

"That way I no longer have to upset everyone - everything would be better. I-I was so close to it too..." my voice broke at the end, but I knew I got my point across, my chest was heavy with a sinking feeling.

Vance quickly wrapped his arms around me, my eyes squeezed shut, the confinement making my breathing speed up, the same feeling as being buried alive - I started gasping for air just like I had before in the small wooden box.

He pulled away looking at me with a confused look, he cupped my face making me claw at his hands shaking my head.
"I-I can't breathe..." I panted, he stepped away completely as tears were rushing down my face.

Placing my hands down to the side as a way to stable myself and give me space, before I lifted them up in front of me.

Putting distance between us, as my chest continued to rise and crash.

Finally gathering the courage to look up at the man who had been too afraid to say a word.
I'm sure it pained him to see me this way.

He had his lip between his teeth as he watched me with a hurt expression.

I glanced over at the door to see blue, I had no idea how long he had been standing there but he rushed over.
"Eli! You're okay." He had a huge smile on his face.

"N-no don't come close please..." I squeezed my eyes shut, hearing his footsteps stop.

"Eli, what do we do?" Vance whispered under his breath.
"We're hurting too. I thought we lost you, Declan and River are terrified. I-I mean you were dead..." He started. I shook my head, biting my lip to stop myself from breaking down.
"A part of me did die...Y-you guys won't be able to look at me the same, I can't look at you guys the same. The things he did...he said. I-I want my daddy...b-but I just can't handle that right now..."

Even the phrase made me shudder the way he babied me, the way he touched me.
It made vile rise.

Vance nodded slowly. "So what now Eli?" He mumbled, as I glanced up to see Blue stepping into Vance who wrapped his arms around the smaller boy.

"Leave. Me. Be." I said harshly, as Vance breathed in roughly, it pained me to see his expression, but I needed the space, to breath and process.
Couldn't he get that?

He nodded as he ushered Blue out of the room, who stopped dead in his tracks looking at Vance and back to me with big eyes.

"Y-you're not gonna fix him?" He whispered.

"It doesn't work like that Blue...this-this is what he needs. We need to respect that."

"B-but Vance...sir!" Blues voice started to break as tears slipped down his cheeks.

"I know hun..."
Vance whispered comfortingly, I almost wanted to call him back.

Cuddle me.

Baby me for real.

Show me love again. But I asked for this, I should be alone, I should be dead.

When he left the room I heard at least three other boys, asking in a panic if I was okay.

I curled into my sheets, never wanting to leave.

Praying some magic would happen and I wouldn't.

This chapter hurt me to write. I'm so sorry.
We're gonna fix it in the next chapter.
:(

My Eli baby.
And poor blue...