▫️ Thirty-seven

Começar do início

"Are you okay sweetheart?" I nodded slowly and held onto his hand as I toyed with the bracelet he was wearing, that had my name.

"I just remembered the day we met," I whispered the words, my voice a bit shaky that I didn't even realize Grey had pulled out of the main road.

He proceeded to park his car at a small snack bar that I was now seeing and took both of my hands as he assessed my whole face.

"I'm always with you, don't be scared of anything." He looked into my eyes trying to relieve my nerves and it felt like we were meeting for the first time all over again.

His words effortlessly put me at ease, his body offering a warmth I wanted to cling to forever but what stood out the most were his eyes.

They carried that calming and assuring effect, the grey in them making me feel grounded despite the chaos around me.

"Your eyes, they're beautiful." I blurted out the very thought I had even at the time of our first meet. The color did suit him so perfectly.

"Umm, I-I have... I love yours," he mumbled out the words unevenly and shyly looked away but I didn't fail to see the growing blush on his ears.

He turned his head to look somewhere else though his hands subconsciously traced each of my fingers and I smiled to myself.

How adorable it was to see him get all flustered because I had given him a compliment. I mentally added that to the list of things he liked.

"I'll be right back baby," he pecked my hands fondly before alighting and I watched his back disappear into the glass door ahead.

He came out not more than five minutes later, a milkshake in his left hand though I frowned at the large bag in his right hand.

He placed the bag at the back then got in to his seat and in a smile, he passed me the milkshake and a straw.

I took it in gratitude though my attention was at the bag he had just come back with. Noticing that I was not going to let it go, he replied.

"That's something for your parents," he stared at the windscreen as he avoided my eyes, his hands now on the wheel.

"What about the gifts you bought yesterday?" I looked at him in disbelief, my eyes following his hands that were tapping the center of the wheel.

"I-I thought they weren't enough," he slowly looked up and I was at a loss when I met his eyes. They were filled with so much sincerity that I felt a tug in my heart.

He really wanted to make a good impression with all the efforts he was putting in even when I felt that it was unnecessary.

"You're already enough," I moved to cup his cheek, another level of fondness growing in my heart at how wonderful he was.

We stared into each other's eyes for almost a minute before we embraced tightly and then resumed our journey.

I sipped the lovely drink in happiness occasionally giving Grey a sip too. He didn't seem to mind drinking from the same straw.

Soon we were home and I excitedly got off to meet my parents. They were seating close to the entrance and at the sound of the car, they rushed out.

"Ellie, Grey!" Mama came to meet us first, her arms wrapping around my body as she kissed my head and cupped my face to see if was fine.

She then looked at Grey beside me and unexpectedly hugged him next. She moved back to look at him again as if to check whether he was recovered.

"How do you feel Grey? Does your body hurt?" She would have cupped his face but Grey was just so tall.