Chapter 16 - Unexpected Surprise

"Let's start with the fourth place of the test," - the homeroom teacher of class A announced, "C class, with zero points."

"What...?" - whispers surrounded between the students as the teacher continued, "In third place, class A- with 120 points. Second place- class B idk points."

"And the first place is Class D, with 225 points."

"1st place?!"

"R-Really?"

Gasps and the sounds of joys filled within the class and Aoi huffed. They did it, ha?

"Koenji!" - Sudo growled at the blonde, who was enjoying summer fruits and juice to his merriment, not to say half naked, "Why did you do that?!"

"I was sick," - he smugged, flicking his hair, "I didn't have much choice."

Sudo shook him violently by his shoulders scolding him. "Well, we won the first place," - Kushida smiled, "That's all that matters, right?"

The students returned to their room respectfully. Aoi took a long refreshing bath, to make up for the last week. Coming out, she hoped on the bed, taking her phone on her hand after a whole week. She sent a quick message to Satsuki, which he replied pretty soon as always.

After an hour of long chatting about all that happened on the last week, Aoi released a sigh of relief, feeling light after some long days. She tossed her mobile across the bed, hugging herself under the comfort sheet before falling into deep sleep.

_

"I see you like my gift."

Kiyotaka removed his earphone hearing someone say from the background of music. He turned to see Aoi looking at him, with her usual neutral face.

"I think so," - he said looking at the headphone.

"What are you listening?" - she asked stepping ahead beside him. The magenta and blue along with violet tint in the sky made aesthetic reflection on the ocean.

"Lo-Fi, I guess what it's called," - he said offering one earbud to her and she accepted it moving closer. "It's appropriate for times like this," - he said.

"Hmm, you are right," - Aoi leaned her head on her palm. Wind played with her hair, forcing it to go Kiyotaka's side. Aoi tried to fix them by her right hand, bringing all in front of her right shoulder so it doesn't bother anymore.

Kiyotaka stole few glances between her and the view ahead. "Umm... I think- I should thank you," - he said shifting his weight to other leg. Aoi shot her a questioning look.

"I don't listen much to be honest, but it's my first time trying musics- so... " - he trailed of and Aoi stared at him, wanting him to finish. She found it kind if cute to see him find his words. "So whenever I listen, I feel- calm, maybe? Whatever it is, it's new to me and I like it." - he said, "And it's all thanks to you."

Violet eyes widened at the sudden thanks from him, as she had not expected.

"You know, the way you take your time while telling your honest feelings is cute," - her lips curved slightly, "By the way, you're welcome."

"So," - she started, "You guys did it, right? Gaining the first place..." - she mumbled, eyes fixed on the sea, "You did great."

"Well, I was not the only one-"

"Yes, I know that Horikita-san and Hirata-san was also involved," - she  interrupted, "But the initial plans were yours, right?"

"... That's right," - Kiyotaka agreed.