Chapter 2 - Lazy Afternoon Glows

"Next is you!" - Hirata points at her, who was wearing an earphone in one ear, another hanging carelessly. Aoi points to herself, "Me?"

"Yes you, introduce yourself." - Hirata smiles gently.

The black-haired glanced at the whole room, noticing all seventy-four pairs of eyes stuck at her. Though she couldn't see the eyes of those who were behind but could feel her back being holed.

Reluctantly, she removed the earphone, standing up slowly. Clearing her thought she swirled her fingers, "Um... I am Murasaki Aoi. And... I like music and painting... So, nice to meet you." - she finishes.

Claps filled the room as usual, making Aoi more uncomfortable as she took the seat.

The introduction continued, and her mind went back to music. The voice of everyone faded away. But the statement Hirata didn't get unnoticed by her as someone behind her introduced himself,

"So we have two socially awkward people in our class."

_

Dealing with the made-up meeting for Kushida to get along with Horikita, Kyotaka started alone, through the cherry blossom trees, in the lazy glow of the sun of the afternoon.

It became a mess because Kushida couldn't deal well with Horikita. Every single move of hers made the thing pretty much obvious.

Though it didn't matter to Kyotaka as he got the chance to look into the cafe where it gets like 'no boys are allowed.'

On the way, a girl caught his eye. She was sitting down, legs perhaps closed with her chest as they weren't visible. Thick black hair gracefully covered her back.

The sight was very much familiar as Kyotaka got to see it everyday infront of him. Her hair color was almost similar to Horikita's but darker. The girl is no other than Murasaki Aoi herself.

Her position was in a somewhat awkward place, sitting between two benches, tilting her head down like the black haired was looking at something under the bench.

Kyotaka slowly stepped forward, not wanting to make a sound. When he peeped in the direction where she was looking from behind, he saw-

A cat.

She likes cats?

Kyotaka couldn't watch her face, as her back was still facing him and the side of her face was hidden in her straight hair.

The cat seemed to be not in the mood of becoming someone's pet, it sat there moving its tail and lazily gazing at the person.

It's quite rare to see cats in this island.

Aoi decided to take a step forward. She brought her hand closer to the cat, only to get scratched immediately.

"Ouch!" - Aoi stood up. With an angry growl, the Neko-sama also took its leave.

"Hsss..." - she hitched. And without warning she turned around to notice the boy who was standing there all the time.

Her ever-lifeless eyes glanced at Kyotaka from head to foot, like he was a statue she didn't notice, then turned on her heels and walked away, not even bothering to talk with him.