Chapter 7 - Lo-Fi and the Sea

"Another month without points?" - the pink-haired groaned swinging her bag on her shoulder.

"Right? This is getting more and more frustrating." - Karuizawa sighed, "I thought we could enjoy karaoke today."

"It can't be helped," - Suzu said, "Let's go to the cafe instead."

"Are you coming with us, Aoi-chan?" - Suzu asked looking back, at where the black haired was packing her bag in a lazy pace.

"I'll pass." - Aoi replied, "Haven't we gone yesterday? Do you have to go somewhere every day?"

Suzu groaned, "You're such a mamma. Fine, I'll go with them, good day." - she turned back, leaving the classroom with other girls.

"Good day," - Aoi mumbled. She didn't understand why that girl is always sticking with her, even though she rejects every of her proposal.

She swung her bag over her shoulder, trolled towards the corridors, leaving the school.

As she walked slowly, she noticed the brown-colored cat she tried to tame once.

The cat often caught her eyes, slowly it became quite friendly to her, but still didn't let her touch too much.

She tiptoed towards the cat, before sitting down. The cat watched the girl as her hand slowly came down. The cat decided to have some strokes on its fur.

Seeing the calm attitude and purring sound, Aoi tried to take it, and the cat allowed to do so. The black haired gently stroked its head, taking it close to her chest, as it purred closing its eyes.

Aoi walked through the other path from usual, the one which went behind the school, by the sea. She kept walking until she noticed a familiar figure with a light pink haired girl, unknown to her.

The girl walked out ok the different direction, before Kiyotaka stood up from the bench. Aoi walked towards him, "You sure are popular with girls."

"Murasaki?" - Kiyotaka turned back, hearing her voice. He shook his head, "I just happened to know them by some incidents, it has nothing to do with popularity."

"It has something to do with your popularity, or else the girls won't even come close to you." - she said, "And all are the pretty girls for some reason."

"Well, you know me too," - the brown haired added.

Aoi sighed, "That's right, though. I wonder what makes you this much noticeable. It's not like you are too much good looking."

"... That was rude."

"Maybe your detached personality? Boys like this are hard to find nowadays," - Aoi ignored his comment.

"Who knows," - Kiyotaka replied, "And what about the cat? Isn't it the same you were trying to get a hold of on that day?" - his eyes went to the cat on her crossed arms.

"Yeah, I guess it kind of doesn't hate me," - Aoi hold it under its elbows. The cat moved it's ear as it yawned. "Have any name to suggest?"

"I'm not good at naming pets you know," Kiyotaka said.

"Do you like cats?"

"I'm not really fond of animals, so-"

"Here, hold it," - Aoi cut him off by placing the cat before him, "You never touched a cat right?"

Kiyotaka stepped back at her sudden movement, "No," - he replied.

"Then try it today," - Aoi said.

Kiyotaka sighed, he wasn't a bit interested wasting his time over such things. But as a matter of knowing people more, he needed to go with these moments too.