"Well of course it was the greatest day of my life!"
Vanessa smiled as she took over the carrots and sliced them quickly, "You were such a cute, handsome baby! You grew up so fast..." While they were talking, my nose started to pick up on some toxic smell. Like... something was burning. I sniffed once more and my eyes widened.

"Vanessa!" I exclaimed, "Something's burning!"
She gasped and turned around, "Oh, the roast!" We all looked at the stove to see it erupting into flames.

"Stand back, Mom! I'll get it!" Blu cautioned as he raised his hand, "Flamous Extinguishus!" Blu casted a spell, waving his hand sideways and the flame extinguished, but the smoke remained. I signalled for Blu to take care of his mother and I approached the smoke.

"Honey!" Vanessa worried, "Cosima, be careful!"

"Don't worry, Vanessa, I know what I'm doing." I replied with reassurance as I raised my hand,
"Heaven's Rain!" I chanted and all the smoke vanished into the palm of my hands. I sighed and gave Vanessa a glass of water. Blu gave me a thumbs up and Vanessa gave me a grateful smile.

"Are you okay?" Blu asked his mother.

"Yes! That was amazing, both of you!" Vanessa complimented, wiping her face with a blue cloth.

"I am sorry about the pot roast, Vanessa. I could fix it with a little magic, if you want?" I offered with an apologetic smile.

"Never mind the pot roast! You saved us!" Vanessa exclaimed, not affected by the lost of the pot roast.

"So, what do you say we take the rest of the afternoon off and just order a pizza tonight?" Blu smiled, hugging his mother. We instantly agreed and the room was once again filled with chatter, mostly about me since Vanessa wanted to get to know me more.

🔥'They're getting along, that's a good sign right?'🔥

~The next day~

It was the next day when Blu said he wanted to go on a bike ride with me. I was worried since it was my first time on a bike, but Blu told me not to worry.
I sat behind Blu holding on to his waist like it was my life line and we set off riding through the small town of Gardenia.

(Riding the bike like this)

It was strange to see no hover cars, no hover bikes and no magic

It was strange to see no hover cars, no hover bikes and no magic. We were riding on Blu's bicycles with his hands off the handle, me trying to get used to this strange town. I smiled as I felt the soft, cool breeze brushed through my hair.

"Keep both hands on the handle bars, young man." We heard Mike, Blu's father, warn us.

Blu gasped and immediately followed his instructions.

"Hey, Dad!"

"Hi, Mike!" We greeted with a smile.

"Did you two sleep till noon?" He asked, humor clearly evident in his voice.