Meant To Be

🌟Cosima's POV🌟

"What's about the gloom, Blu?" Muse asked. It was a month after spring break. We were seated in my room, discussing our holidays. I knew what he was talking about. I came to Earth to visit Blu and meet his parents since my mother and father was were on the other side of the universe taking care of some business.

"You're sad that spring break is over?" Florent assumed sweetly.

"No, it's not that. It's just... nothing." Blu answered with a sigh. He was lying on my bed with us sitting around him.

"What's up?" Stolas puzzled.

"You ever feel like you don't know where you belong?" Blu asked, sitting up, "I always thought I knew, but then something happened over spring break while I was home, and now I feel all turned around. Sorry to be mopey."

"Don't apologize." Tech reassured.

"Tell us what's bothering you." Stolas suggested.

"Yeah, we're your friends, Blu, you can tell us anything." Florent comforted as Blu picked up Kiko and hugged him. I gazed sadly at Blu, knowing what he was going through since I was there to witness it.

"I know, Florent..." Blu sighed. After a lot of thinking, Blu started.

🌟One month ago...Cosima's POV🌟

It was morning. Sunlight shines under the door like a ghoul's grin, yet gives the shutters a halo of golden rays. That's the new morning, sinner and saint, just like me. I arrived to Earth two days after spring break started. I meet Blu's parents, and they were really nice. They welcomed me into their home and gave me the guest bedroom, allowing me to stay in their home. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom, brushing my teeth. After taking a nice, long bath, I changed into my regular outfit. I combed my wet hair, and with a little magic, I dried it in an instant. Ever since I arrived on Earth, I felt a bit... strange. I told myself it was because this was probably the first time l've been to Earth, so I just had to grow accustomed to it.

As I exited the bathroom, I met Blu, "Good morning, Blu." I smiled.

"M-morning, Cosima." Blu smiled, but it faltered a bit. Blu noticed that I noticed and sighed before talking to me, "Hey, Cosima... Do you feel a bit...strange in any way?" He asked. I simply nodded at him as we climbed down the stairs.

"Blu, Cosima, will you both please help me in the kitchen?" Vanessa questioned, coming in front of me. Blu and I glanced at each other. Blu seemed a bit confused and nervous, but nevertheless, we headed for the kitchen.

"Of course, Vanessa." I answered, smiling at her.
We both followed Vanessa to the kitchen. Blu was chopping some carrots and I was assigned to chop up some cabbage.

"Blu, honey, I wanted to talk to you about something that's been on my mind for a while. Vanessa admitted while keeping the soup spoon down and walking towards Blu.

"K. Go ahead." Blu nodded, putting his sole concentration on the carrots.

"It's about when we adopted you." Vanessa mentioned hesitantly. I froze on the spot, taking in what Vanessa had just revealed. I never knew Blu was adopted. I felt uncomfortable, not knowing if I should leave them alone. However, something told me that Vanessa wanted me to hear this otherwise she never would have told me to help in the kitchen as well. I decided to stay quiet, letting them have this private conversation while trying to mind my own business chopping the vegetables.

"I know, it was the greatest day of your life." Blu stated, sounding amused. I had a feeling that Blu was trying to avoid the subject, well...who wouldn't? It is, after all, a delicate subject.