chapter 21

Jing Sheng was in pain, couldn't think much, and could only focus on the pain. He inhales and exhales while trying to bear through the pain. 

"You're almost there brother just a few more pushes," 

Jing Sheng at this point could barely see or hear anything as his body felt cold from the sweat, he was gripping tightly to the bed, praying he didn't die and be free from this torture.

Outside Chen Jinhai went at the gate to face his grandfather and uncle, "leave they cannot talk to you right now," 

"You brat! Mind how you speak with your elders!" Chen Ming yells.

Chen Jinhai is unphase, even while his father was here these two tried to take advantage of his parents. His father was kind but not stupid or needlessly generous towards them. His father would stand proud and protect his family. 

"Go back, you aren't supposed to be here,"

Chen Da Peng is getting impatient, now that Chen Chuanli is not here there is no reason for him to not do as he pleases! That includes getting rid of that witch from his son's house! 

"Brat! Open the gate and call your mother! That witch turned my family against me!" 

"No!" Chen Jinhai refuses. 

"Ah, big brother mayb–" 

"Sit down," Chen Jinhai cuts his little brother off.

"Rebellious!" The old man yelled as if felt wronged. 

Chen Jinhai didn't react much, if anything he wasn't scared. Nothing scares as much as the days when a storm struck the ceiling and they all had to hurdle up in a corner not to get wet by the rain, then the next day watching his mother who never held a hammer hit his own finger and wheeze out in pain. Nothing was scarier than him going out in the crowd by himself to savage for food on copper while his mother laid sick on bed. He was twelve (12) but he knew how to chop wood, his hands were rough with calluses, he had been robbed before, he fought before all in the span of eight (8) months and more he suffered, his family suffered and it stems from people like his uncle and grandfather.

Jing Sheng inhales and exhales painfully as the old lady Chen's smiles broaden, "a little more son in law I can see the head!" 

Jing Sheng is crying while huffing miserable is going to die? He wanted this to end he had no idea, he couldn't fathom the pain he knew it hurts but there was no way he could put it in words. 

He is thirsty, but he's also tired. He's dizzy. He wants to sleep but this thing is stuck inside him. It feels like time isn't moving. Is he gonna die? 

"URRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHH!!" 

Jing Sheng's whole life is playing out freshly in his mind. He was born in the earlier periods where people are recovering from wars, he grew up in the countryside with his father working day and night he had some very conservative thoughts and was sometimes ignorant, prejudice and sexist it was the environment he grew up in close minded and after meeting his first wife that didn't change until she got tired of the mistreatment and verbal abuse then left with their first child, hid daughter didn't like him much back them youngling him thought his ex wife poison her mind and never thought that he was the problem. 

Then he met that fine young lady from the city, yes that was where his mind became open she helped him to become better and the best man he could be. She was a compassionate soul and to this day he will miss her. He will keep on missing her, there is much he wants to thank her for. For his son, for mending the relationship with daughter and becoming a man everyone could be proud 

"They're here!" 

Jing Sheng soon collapses back onto the bed, for a moment Jing Sheng black outs cold from exhortation as he huffs and puffs trying to grasp for the air in the room. Old lady Chen soon takes the knife and cuts the Umbilical cord then she quietly faces the baby then slaps the baby's bottom and suddenly the quiet room is now filled with cries of the newborn. 

"WAAAAAAH!!" 

Jing Sheng slightly opens his eyes upon hearing the cries of the newborn and looks at the old lady Chen. 

"Here son, hush him he news you, hear him cry for." The old lady said. 

Jing Sheng weakly raises his hand to touch the baby but then slightly smiles, "cries for me? But… you… hit… him," 

Le Yan and the old lady Chen look at each other then softly chuckles, "I did? Oh I did, sorry little one grandmother meant no harm she was checking if little on is okay" 

Upon gently receiving the baby in his arms, Jing Sheng feels his heart break. To say this child weighs no more than feathers would be the understatement of the century, tiny and feeble, he looks as if he was born prematurely it truly breaks his heart so much so he starts to cry catching the adult and senior off guard. 

"W-what's wrong my son in law?" 

"He is tiny, he is too small, he feels so fragile… I feel if I might move a little he just might break". Jing Sheng cries. 

He feels emotional, he feels terrible, so small, too small, he feels like he has failed but the baby made it. That's good but his arms feel weak by the lightness of the baby. 

"Son… don't look at the horrors of this world, look at the good, yes he is small but better yet he is alive! Feel his grip! He is small but he is strong! He is a warrior like you, like his father, fear not he is well and shall he be for many days and years to come!" 

Jing Sheng could feel the grip the little one had in his pinky, he is well it's a good sign. He feels tired but this little knowledge offered him a small sense of peace in this direction time.

A/n

Suggest Chinese names and their meaning please?

I don't know what to name the little fighter, that's our nickname for our new member.

What do you think of this chapter?