Twenty Fourth

————————————————

Twenty Fourth;
"The Calm."

"Thank you!" Jay sadly said to the shop owners, signing a small good bye to the puppy who looked also sad about our departure. "Bye little one!" He whisper-shouted before walking out of the store, shoulders sagged.

I bowed to the smiling owners respectfully before following my boyfriend outside. As soon as I stood beside him, he sighed. "I wish I could keep him..." He sulked, pouting his cute little lips.

"Aww, don't worry... we'll come back here and see him again next time, is that okay?" I consoled and finally, his lips curved upwards again as he nod.

We went back to the blanket and had decided to call it a day. We tidied the spot together and walked side by side with interlaced hands. "You know... I was just passing by that time.." He started to reminisce. Pertaining to the time where I was almost caught by danger but there stood my knight in shining armor. Cringe but that's how I would put it up, heh.

"Well thank God, you were passing by..." I giggled after saying that, making him smile at me.

"Oh and do you remember how swollen my hands were that time that landed me on detention the next day because I couldn't participate in the quiz, because to my swollen hands? It was really impossible for me to write something up with that.." He wheezed but I kinda stopped.

I remember that...

"But anyway, what kind of mistake did you do to end up here in detention?" He laughed at my question and finished his snack.

"Nah. A rare thing one can ever experience." He said and laughed again.

"Aha! That was the rare thing you were talking about?!" I jumped a little, realizing things.

"Oh? Haven't I told you that?" He chuckled as I pout.

I felt bad.

If it weren't for me, he won't have to fight with those men and get injured and miss answering their quiz and get detention and and and

"Hey, hey, hey..." He cooed after seeing my reaction, holding both of my arms firm, he gently looked at my eyes. "Don't feel bad about it, hmm? It's already done, okay?" He asked in a babying voice that made me mindlessly nod over the sweetness and the tenderness of his voice.

"Okay.." I responded, looking away and prolly hued like a tomato.

...

"Touchdown." He stated and smiled at me as we stand in the front gate of our house. He was just smiling at me while I stared at his face.

"Thank you for today. I really enjoyed myself." I stated after a while, now sincerely expressing my gratitude with a little smile. He shook his head and chuckled.

"It's nothing. I don't know if you know but I do anything for my princess." He pulled up yet another pick-up line, making me blush and cringe at the same time.

I huffed at him, "Bruh, your pick-up lines are getting better and better these days.." I commented, eyeing him from head to toe.