°-《CHAPTER 26》-°

Start from the beginning

He was curled up on the floor, shaking uncontrollably, soft gasps of air coming from his mouth.

I stared in shock and guiltless of his current state. It was my fault he was like this. I should've helped him. I should've known earlier so I could stop this. I should go back in time. I should've just- just never of been alive in the first place!

I crouched down next to Dream and stared at him with a worried look painted across my face.

"Hey."

Dream suddenly looked up in fear and shock. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy. His face had bruises, some small, some larger then others dotted around his quivering face and body.

This only made me more worried.

I stretched a hand out towards him,
Bad idea.

He immediately flinched and tried to shuffle closet to the back wall.

He was scared of me...

I grasped my other hand and pulled it away in realisation. I had a horror-stricken look on my face. This couldn't be happening. I felt tears prick at my eyes but I held them back. I'm not the one who should be crying. Dream was hurt. And I need to help him.

"Shh... everything's going to just fine ok? Breath in and out with me ok? Just take deep breaths." Dream didn't seem to calm down so I scrambled around in my pockets to find something. I eventually found a small hand sized notebook. "Here, take this. When you breath in trace one side and then breath out with another side. Remember to go at your own pace ok?" He nodded slightly and sat down in a crisscrossed position, rubbing his eyes and taking the small book from my hands.

After a minute or so of doing this, Dream started to calm a little bit. I smiled at him sweetly as if saying 'well done' to award him for his great efforts. I did notice however, that his hands were still shaking which I took note of, "Alright, all I need you to do is listen to my voice again. Close your eyes and focus on me, ok?" He nodded and squeezed his eyes shut. I started to hum quietly as I edged abit closer to Dream.

"Would you like to talk about what's worrying you or do something else to get your mind off of it?"

I looked at Dream as he stared down St the floor before looking up at me again. "C-can we do the first option?" I nodded and stood up as I extended my hand towards the messy haired boy before me. He took my hand as I put my arm around him, stabilising his shaking legs.

I placed him down on a tree stump and sat in front of him just to the left and looked at the nature around us. I looked at the wooden gazebos. I visualised myself walking inside of the house, moments before the accident. I shuddered at the memories and looked over at Dream who was frowning.

"D-door." Dream pointed at the shed door that was still wide open. "What about it?" I questioned the boy. "We need to put the lock back on the door. Otherwise... h-he'll know..."

I looked at him with an uneasy look on my face as I stood up and brushed off the fallen leaves from my cloak, "Dream, I promise nothing bad like this will happen ever again. As long as I'm here anyway."

Walking over to the lock on the floor, I felt an arm tugging me backwards. It was Dream. Pulling me into a hug.

"G-george?" I stared dumbfoundedly into the distance. "Y-yeah?" I mumbled into his Slytherin cloak. "Thank you. I- I mean it. Seriously." He pulled back and rubbed the back of his neck, a light pink haze covering his freckled cheeks. "O-oh! Uh, your welcome. Now- uh, would you like to go inside it's kind of cold out here..."

I saw Dream's eyes flicker to something behind me for a moment.

"George. We need to leave. Now."

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Hello!
Hope you guys are all doing well!

Short chapter, but I really wanted to get this out to you guys so I apologise!

I hope this chapter helps any of you when your anxious or need to help another person calm down. Personally, I'm not very good at comforting people, but I do know some strategies that do help so I really recommend researching about it.

Thank you for all of the support! You guys are absolutely amazing! And remember, im always here to talk so if you need me for whatever reason, I'm just a message away!

See you next time my little dinos,
<3

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~