vii ~ Hey Sis... Long Time No See

Start from the beginning

"What?" Percy asked.

"Curse my relatives!" A plate barely missed striking Chiron straight in the forehead.

"Annabeth, Cassandra, you shouldn't have let Percy leave camp! But if you do get the Fleece—"

"Yeah, baby! Woo-hoooooo!"

Cassie was wondering how Chiron was so calm when his relatives were like that. She wondered if the old activities director was the black sheep of the family.

"—Miami, I'll try to keep watch—"

They didn't hear the rest because the connection broke as something crashed into Chiron's end of the message.

Annabeth sighed, plopping down next to Cassie who was invisible with her cap.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

It took an hour to reach land, but the four slept most of the way.

In fact, if Cassie hadn't woken everyone up they would've slept the whole way and been caught by people on the beach who were probably very nosey.

The daughter of Ares pulled Annabeth's hat off her own head and ruffled her brown hair.

Her green eyes took in the vast amount of ships before she turned to shake Annabeth.

The daughter of Athena's curious stormy eyes met Cassie's with a questioning glance.

Cassie gestured forward.

"Land-ho!"

Percy shifted in his spot and woke up. Tyson following after.

Annabeth furrowed her brows and inspected the area.

"That's Virginia Beach!" Annabeth deduced. "Oh my gods, how did the Princess Andromeda travel so far overnight? That's like—"

"Five hundred and thirty nautical miles," Percy finished.

Cassie blinked and stared blankly at Percy.

"And how exactly do you know that, Perc?"

"I—I'm not sure." He stuttered.

Annabeth's gaze shifted between the two as she tapped her chin subtly.

"Percy, what's our position?"

"36 degrees, 44 minutes north, 76 degrees, 2 minutes west." Percy replied without even thinking.

After realizing what he said, the son of Poseidon shook his head. "Whoa. How did I know that?"

"Because of your dad. When you're at sea, you have perfect bearings. That is so cool." Annabeth said.

Cassie laughed. "Awesome, a human GPS."

Percy glared at her playfully. "And what exactly can you do that's helpful?"

"Sweet Kelp Head. Sweet Stupid Kelp Head. Did you forget that your amazing best friend can make weapons appear out of thin air."

Cassie waved her glowing red hand and Riptide appeared.

"Hey!" Percy retorted and snatched his weapon from her.

Cassie shrugged and Percy was interrupted by Tyson tapping his shoulder.

"Other boat is coming." The cyclops warned.

It was the coast guard speeding across the water with their lights on.