14. Please Wake Me Up

The next day, standing in front of the school gate, Sanjana looked at her phone screen and sighed.

'I didn't get any call or text from Karan last night. I'm worried about him.'

She clutched her phone to her chest and entered through the school gate. She looked around and spotted Karan standing with his friends in the courtyard.

Her lips immediately turned up into a bright smile.

Sanjana: (raising her hand) "Kara- "

But her movements stopped when she saw her sister, Pooja, running up to Karan and hugging him.

Letting go of each other, Karan caressed Pooja's cheek.

Karan: (gentle smile) "Hello babe!"

Pooja: (pecking Karan's lips) "Let's spend tonight at your place again."

Sanjana felt like the ground under her feet had disappeared. Her breath hitched in her throat.

'Am I dreaming? This can't be real, right? No...no... I must be having a nightmare and will wake up soon. Karan...no he can't be like this. This has to be a dream.'

Her thoughts were broken when someone bumped into her and unable to keep her balance, she fell on her knees.

Boy: (concerned) "I'm sorry! Are you okay? Do you need help?"

Sanjana felt her eyes tearing up.

Sanjana: (getting up shaking) "N-no, this can't be true..."

She ran away from there.

Seeing Karan and Pooja together, Rahul and Suresh were equally shocked.

Rahul: (keeping his hand on Karan's shoulder) "H-Hey Karan?"

Karan turned to them.

Karan: (pulling Pooja closer by her waist) "Guys meet Pooja, my girlfriend."

Rahul and Suresh exchanged glances.

Suresh: "What about Sanjana?"

Karan: "Huh? What about her?"

Rahul: "Dude, you were with Sanjana until yesterday."

Karan: (shrugging his shoulders) "I wasn't dating her. Moreover, I liked Pooja from much before."

Karan took Pooja's hand and placed a kiss on the back of her palm.

Pooja: (scoffing) "Huh? Just because I rejected you, you went to Sanjana."

Karan: (smirking at her) "That was because I wanted to make you jealous. My plan worked and now you're with me."

Pooja: (rolling her eyes) "Whatever...C'mon let's go somewhere less crowded."

Pooja dragged Karan out from there.

Rahul: (worried) "Does Sanjana know about this? She must be heartbroken."

Suresh: "After all she liked Karan a lot."

In the washroom, Sanjana continuously splashed water on her face.

'Wake up Sanjana! Wake up from this horrifying dream!'

She looked at her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes were red. She was crying and she did not even realize that.

'Karan? What happened to you? Where did all go wrong? Everything was perfect until yesterday.'

Then she heard some voices from outside the washroom. She went inside one of the stalls and closed the door.