Destiny cheered in delight as a smile spread on Niall's, Zayn's and Liam's lips. "Great. See you all outside the dormitories at ten tonight then," Zayn announced and kissed Liam's cheek before leaving their table.

Liam followed his boyfriend's figure mesmerizingly as he walked away. He then turned to Louis, the smile remaining on his lips. "I'm keeping my promise, just so you know."

A dry laugh escaped Louis' lips. "You're going to the pub with your boyfriend. There's no way you'll stick with your friend just to look out for me. Besides, it's not necessary. I can take care of myself."

"I'm sure you can," Liam said. "But you've helped me so much lately. The least I can do is ensure you're okay, especially if I drag you out."

"It's not like you're forcing me. I agreed willingly."

"Still," Liam insisted. "You're my best friend. I'm always here for you, and I will be tonight."

Louis had to admit it was reassuring to hear that. Liam probably knew as much but understood he wouldn't admit it out loud. His only hope for the night was that it wouldn't turn out like every time he had agreed to go to places he was uncertain whether it was safe.

-----

Later that day, Louis and Liam were getting ready to go out. Liam was fixing his hair in the bathroom while Louis stood in front of his closet, trying to find a fitting outfit for the night.

"I wish Dess were here," he muttered, eyeing his clothes.

"Why?" Liam yelled from the bathroom. "Don't know what to wear?"

How Liam heard him, Louis had no idea. "No," he replied, hearing Liam's footsteps getting closer.

A second later, he stood next to Louis, his eyes directed at his closet. He pursed his lips, leaning forward to check some garments out. "How about this one?"

Louis blinked at the black tank top Liam was pointing at

Louis blinked at the black tank top Liam was pointing at. "No way in hell. It's literally see-through."

"Which makes it super sexy," Liam smirked, grabbing it to hold it before Louis. "You can wear your green jacket outside of it if it'd make you feel more comfortable."

He contemplated it for a second, but since he didn't own much more than hoodies and plain t-shirts, he knew he didn't have much choice. "I'm keeping my jacket on the entire night," he muttered, snatching the tank top from Liam's hold.

A chuckle escaped his lips as Louis walked to the bathroom to change clothes. "I know you secretly love it, Lou."

"Shut up."

When Louis was dressed, Liam joined him in the bathroom to fix his hair, running his gelled fingers through it.

"Which alphas are going?" Louis asked, keeping a straight face to not give his thoughts away.