Chapter 9

"Zayn finally talked to me."

Since Louis was still in the mindset of running from Harry's intense stare, it took him at least five seconds to register what Liam had said. "Oh, that's great. What did he say?"

Liam's smile never faltered. "He apologized for what he said in the hallway about us sleeping together being a mistake, and he told me he's been thinking about me since the night of the party, that he's not been able to forget about what happened. He also told me about his situation with Gigi, and fuck, I can't believe you were right, Louis," he grinned.

"Wait," Louis said. "What did he say about Gigi?"

Liam opened his locker to shove his laptop into it. "That he's found it hard to let her go because they have a history, but he doesn't feel the same way for her anymore," he explained, glancing at Louis.

"So, what's his plan then?" Louis asked, furrowing his brows.

He found the situation suspicious. He didn't understand why Zayn would tell Liam he missed him and couldn't forget about their night together if he was planning to stay with Gigi. And he certainly didn't understand why Liam was so happy about it.

"He didn't tell me specifically," Liam admitted. "But he said he wants to get to know me better."

Louis raised his brows, opening his locker. "And you're okay with him staying with Gigi as you do so?"

Liam bit his lip, glancing down at his feet. "It's not my choice. If he wants to stay with her until he comes to terms with his feelings, then it's up to him. I can't blame him for having a hard time letting go of her because of their history."

Louis didn't know if Liam was too blinded by the feelings he felt for Zayn or if he had lost his mind completely because he knew Liam was usually not this stupid.

"Liam, do you not hear how stupid that sounds? Why would he stay with someone he doesn't love anymore just because it's safe and comforting? Especially if he admits he feels something for you? I hope you know that if he goes through with it, he'll be cheating on Gigi, and you will be part of it."

His words made Liam go quiet. His smile was long gone along with his cheery mood. Louis didn't want to be a buzzkill, but Liam had to realize this plan was not the brightest, especially if he wanted to end up happy.

"I'm not trying to bring you down, Li. I just don't want you to get hurt. If Zayn stays with Gigi, you don't know how things will end. For all I know, he could be playing with you right now. If he's being serious about this, he has to show it to you, and the first thing he has to do is end things with Gigi."

Liam pursed his lips, and Louis could see that he realized Louis had a point. "I don't know why I didn't think about it like that. I was just happy he finally talked to me and said he hadn't been able to forget about what happened and wanted to get to know me better," he explained, knitting his brows.

"Hello, lads. What's happening here?"

Niall and Destiny joined Louis and Liam at their lockers, Niall looking between the two curiously. Louis could feel his stomach tighten upon seeing Destiny, knowing she was probably wondering why Louis had reacted so weirdly when she mentioned Harry was looking at him, and why he had stormed out of the lecture hall once they were dismissed. He hoped she wouldn't bring it up.

"We're talking about how blind Liam's feelings for Zayn are," Louis explained, sending Liam a playful smile.

"Tell me something we don't already know," Niall chuckled, making Liam huff.

"Thanks a lot, Niall."

"I'm only telling the truth," Niall teased.

Destiny decided to join the conversation then, "Did anything happen?" she asked curiously, glancing between Liam and Louis.