Chapter 3

TW: Eating habits.

Louis woke up before Liam the following day, something that only happened on rare occasions. Therefore, he wasn't surprised when he lit his phone up only to see that it was seven in the morning. A groan escaped his lips as realization dawned on him, and he closed his eyes while pushing the back of his head further into the pillow.

He didn't want to get up, but he also knew there was no use going back to sleep for only half an hour, so he swung his legs over the edge of the bed and placed his feet on the floor. He ran his hands over his face and walked over to his closet, pulling a black, oversized hoodie over his head and a pair of skinny black jeans up his legs.

Louis was aware that his oversized clothes only made him look smaller than he was, which was another asset he disliked about himself, but they were comfortable and cozy, so he still preferred them

Louis was aware that his oversized clothes only made him look smaller than he was, which was another asset he disliked about himself, but they were comfortable and cozy, so he still preferred them. Besides, he was sure no clothes would make him look tall and muscular even if he wanted to.

Once Louis finished putting his clothes on, he ran his fingers through his hair, sweeping his fringe to the side while trying to press down the locks poking out. For some reason, his hair was always all over the place when he woke up in the mornings.

"Why are you up already? Got somewhere to be?"

Louis' eyes snapped to Liam, who was staring at Louis with raised brows. "I don't know. School maybe?" he mocked, his gaze landing on his phone still laying on his nightstand.

Louis could feel Liam following him with narrowed eyes as he walked over to pocket it into his jeans. "Since when do you get up earlier than me? Uni doesn't start yet in an hour."

Letting out a sigh, Louis turned to him. "I woke up early, so I figured I might as well get up. There's nothing I'm trying to hide if that's what you think," he replied, sending him a pointed look.

Liam closed his eyes, his lips spreading into a smile. "I wasn't accusing you of anything."

"If you say so."

Louis walked into their shared bathroom to use the toilet and get ready to leave. He then returned to the room to grab his backpack and sling it over his shoulder. "See you later, Li," he called and exited their dorm.

The hallway was still empty, which Louis wasn't surprised about. No one usually woke up earlier than they had to, no one but Liam. That was why it shocked him to see Destiny sitting in the kitchen with a bowl of cereal when he arrived.

Louis' brows shot up. "What are you doing here?"

She lifted her eyes to meet his, an amused smile forming on her lips. "What? Am I not allowed to eat breakfast in my own dormitory now?"

He rolled his eyes, sitting down in front of her after dumping his backpack on the floor. "It's just past seven in the morning, and everyone else is asleep," he implied.