Chapter 5

As I sat up from my bed, I heard loud footsteps and then my bedroom door opened and I saw Alice run in to my room to my side as Kate stood in the doorway with her arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.

"See?" Kate snorted. "He's fine."

"What happened?" Alice asked as her eyes widened with terror and she touched my face.

"Yeah," I chuckled. "Kate's right, I am fine." I responded and smiled.

"It did not sound like nothing." Alice said and she slowly shook her head and she rubbed my hair.

"It was just a bad dream." I replied with a lazy shrug.

"You screamed for your brother." Alice responded as she droppes her hands.

"Memories eating at you?" Kate asked coldly and chuckled.

"Kate, what's your problem?" Alice asked as she got up from my bed and turned to face her.

"He is my issue, Ally!" Kate shouted.

"Ren made a mistake." Alice said as she raised her voice.

"He killed his own father, Ally!" Kate cried out as tears fell down her cheeks. "He has no idea what it feels like to really have your dad walk away from you and your mom! You were lucky, Alice! Ren was robbed out of a childhood because of some spy, fine! I get it!" Kate screamed some more. "But," Kate sighed. "At least Ren's parents wanted, loved and mourned losing him... my dad left with no regrets. Ren killed his dad yet you want his help with learning the force? What sick person does that?" Kate softly cried and she walked away as I heard small sobs coming from her.

"Kate, wait!" Alice called out as she ran after her, leaving me alone.