• t w o •

back to present

' how have you been now ? ' minho asked out of sudden as they sit on the couch while watching some random show .

' i recently opened a bakery . Everyone loves to stop by every morning and late evening because of the delicious pastries and cozy atmosphere that ive created i guess ? ' she chuckled . ' i love to see people enjoyed my own pastries that i make . What about you ? I thought you were studying abroad ? And why the police searching for you ? ' lee know sighed , he didnt know how to explain . ' its okay minho . I wont force you tho . ' she said .

' i want to but i dont have enough money to pay . Plus , i felt uneasy leaving my mom all alone in this city . '

' ah , i see . Where's your mom now ? '

' sh-' his words get intterupt by the news from the tv .

' breaking news , a guy named lee minho has become the talk of the town as he managed to escape from the police after being caught in some criminal activities. The chase is on , and the city is buzzing with speculation about his whereabouts. We suggest that Lee Minho is currently hiding. Its important for everyone to stay safe and be cautious while the authorities continue their efforts to find him. Lets hope for a quick resolution to this situation . '

Areum turned off the tv and look at lee know . She just noticed there's a bruised knuckles on his hand and a single cut at his right cheeks . She tried to hold lee know's face but he avoid it . She suddenly stand up and said to him , he need to stay here for a while . Then , she left him in question . Not long after , she came back with first aid kit . She took a sit and open the first aid kit .

' what are you doing ? '

' give me your hand ' she ordered , completely ignoring his question . He hesitately put his hand on her palm . She just examine and treat his bruised knuckles . Then , she put his hand away and turned to his face . She scoot closer . ' W-what ? ark ' he hissed in pain . ' dont move , minho-ya . ' With that , she treat the fresh cut on his cheeks gently . He remain silent and stare at her . Once she put a plaster on his cut , her eyes met his . His heartbeat quickened , his ears started to red . He look away. ' thank you '

' You know you can stay here if you want . You're safe here . I wont do anything stupid to you . '

' You know you're a girl right ? What if I did something bad at you ? '

' minho , i dont think you will do a bad things to me . Its late now . Let me show you , your place to sleep . ' she said as she dragged lee know somewhere .

Until they stopped in front of storage room . Lee know started to confuse .
' are you wanting me to sleep in this room ?'
she chuckled and hit lee know's head .
' you stupid , look at this . '
With that , she move the vase a little and push the button , it lead to attic room . His jaw dropped for a second .

' what are you looking at ? Come '
he close his mouth and follow her .
' this room used to be my hidden comfort room , now you're here . You can stay here for a while . ' she slightly smile . While him , walk around the room . ' its been a while i didnt use this room , i miss this bed . '

She mumbled as she laying on the bed . Lee know took a sit beside her . ' areum-ah '
She just hummed in response . ' what makes you think im still a good boy ? I mean you know about the recent news right ? I might be change ' she sit up and face lee know .

' my guts still said you're not change minho . So , yea im not afraid with you . If you're a bad person , why wont you ask for my help at the first place ? Why wont you kill me ? hurm ? ' he didnt said anything , head hung low .She gently cupped his cheeks, guiding his gaze to meet her eyes .
' dont think too much , im here for you, you got it ? ' he nodded . She let him go and yawned . ' goodnight , minho . I started to felt sleepy , if you need anything just tell me . '

He didn't know why he felt safe when he was with her. Seeing her leave made him feel like she was drifting away from his life. Deep in his heart, all he wanted was for her to stay with him .

~

lee know just woke up from his sleep . He stretch his limbs , feeling incredible sense of goodness and relaxation . He made his way downstairs , searching for her but there's no sign of her . Where did she go ? Thats when he saw a notes on the fridge , saying that she went to jogging for a while . He slightly smile , she still not change at all , loves sport.

areum pov

She was jogging around the park . Suddenly , she saw the same guy who asked her about lee know yesterday . She greet him . He noticed her presences , he smile and bow a little . She take a sit beside him , wanted to take a rest .

' let me take a guess , you still searching for him right ? The guy who ran away ? '
' not really . I was taking a fresh air in the morning . '
' ahh i see . Wait , are you by any chance , living around here ? '
' yup , i just move in here . Oh , i forgot to introduce my name , seo changbin . '
he said as he lend his hand , making a handshake .

' areum , kim areum . ' she smile and grab his hand . ' such a pretty name . '
' gosh , not again . '
They both giggles .
' is your arm okay ? '
She look at her arm and then she nodded .
' yea , its good now . Its not that bad actually . '
' if he came into your house again and threaten you just tell me okay ? '
' dont worry , i can protect myself . You know mr. Kim right ? The one who own a big company in seoul . '
' yea . Why ? '
' my dad owns it . '
' woah , a rich person . I never knew youre his daughter just from your appreareance . '

She chuckled . ' shocking right ? '
' kinda . So , youre working there ? '
' nope . I dont want to plus ,I just wanted to make my own money by open a bakery . '
' huh ? A bakery ? Suddenly , im hungry . Where the bakery at ? When you open it ?
She laughed . ' yah , slow down will you ? You can search for daisy's bakery shop near the busy streets . I worked there from monday till friday . Urm , well , i think i need to continue my jogging for a little bit and take a breakfast . Its nice to meet you , changbin. '
' oh okay . See you tomorrow ! '