• p r o l o g u e •

lee know pov

He was running faster than ever, his heart pounding as he felt the adrenaline surge through his veins. He took a glance at the back, but the police were still hot on his trail. The sound of sirens filled the air, pushing him to push himself even harder.

As he sprinted through the narrow alleyways, his mind raced with thoughts of escape. The police were relentless, their footsteps echoing behind him. With each passing second, his determination grew stronger, fueled by the fear of facing the consequences. Unable to bear it any longer, he desperately sought refuge. In a stroke of luck, he spotted an open door, revealing a girl about to step outside. Without hesitation, he rushed towards her, hoping she could provide him with a hiding place.

He pushed her inside and locked the door.
' Wha- Minho? How did you -' she began, but he quickly shushed her.

' We can talk later, but please, I need your help,' he pleaded, his voice filled with urgency. ' what is it ? ' she asked calmly . They both could hear the siren loudly , felt like the police car stopped right in front of her house . ' please tell the police i wasnt here and help me to hide myself . ' he whispered at her .

' go through the hallway and take a right to find the door that leads to the storage room and dont forget to lock it . '
he nodded and quickly left .

~

Minho was startled when the door being knocked . ' the police already left , come out ' she said . He slowly open the door and take a peek . She chuckled . ' dont worry , its safe now . Trust me . ' He sighed in relief and come out .

' you need some drink ? ' she asked as she made her way towards the kitchen . He just following her and take a sit on a stool .
' sure ' with that , she poured some orange juice in a glass . Then , she gave it to him . As he looked at her figure and swiftly grabbed her wrist, she couldn't help but flinch and feel a sense of confusion wash over her.

' is that a blood ? '
he just noticed a stain of blood on her left sleeve. She slowly let her arm go from his grip . ' dont worry , i already treated it before i call you out . '
' did they hit you ? '
' why would they hurt me , you stupid . I was the one who cut myself and tell them you were running away using the back door so that theyre believe what i said . '
' oh , thank you for saving me . '
he said as he stand up . Now , she was the one who caught his wrist . He turned to face her .

' where are you going ? The police still roaming outside . You dont want to get caught right ? ' he remain silent . She continue her words .
' just stay here for a while . I will cover it up for you if they came here again . '
' why you being nice to me out of sudden ? '
' because i know you since our highschool , lee minho . You didnt remember me ? '
' urm ... '

She chuckled and lend her hand , wanted to make a handshake with him .
' im Kim Areum . '

areum , my first love .