Chapter 26

Next Day

Sebastian's Outfit

At the GCPD

Jim was talking to Captain Barnes his suspicions about Theo Galavan being behind the events that had occurred in the past weeks. "The breakout at Arkham. The massacre at the G.C.P.D. The gala. The arsons. It was Galavan. He's behind everything." Jim said to the captain. "And you have proof of this?" Nathaniel asks him. "I have Penguin, Gilzean and my brother." Jim said to him. "Both criminals. Both in the wind but your brother who I don't trust." Nathaniel said to him looking at Sebastian who was standing next to Harvey. "Given the circumstances under which I obtained the information, I think it's safe to say they were telling the truth." Jim said to him. "Maybe they are." Nathaniel said to him. "But you have no legal evidence, no proof, not a single, hard lead to go on. You bring in Galavan with what you have now, and he'll just laugh at you." Nathaniel said to Jim. "He won't laugh long." Sebastian said to him making Nathaniel look at him. "What, are you gonna rough him up a little? A little lawless thuggery? Is that your plan?" Nathaniel asks Sebastian while standing up. "Sounds like something I can do." Sebastian said to him. "You want to arrest Galavan?" Nathaniel asks Jim while looking at him. "You do the police work and you bring me back some real proof." Nathaniel said to Jim then he looks at Sebastian. "And if you step out of line, I will put you back into Arkham myself." Nathaniel said to Sebastian before the three leave the office.

Sebastian walks over to Jim's table that he shares with Jim as Sal walks over to him. "How did it go in here?" Sal asks him while Sebastian leans on the table. "What do you think?" Sebastian said to him as he looks at a picture of Jerome. "Are you up for some coffee?" Sal asks him making Sebastian look at him. "I don't think you should be around me, I have a past that will be coming back to me sooner or later." Sebastian said to him before Sal can say anything they hear yelling from an officer. "Suspect! Put your hands where I can see 'em! Right there!" An officer yelled making Sebastian turn to see Barbara. "Hi, Jim. Long time no see." Barbara said to Jim.

Later Jim visited Barbara in the interrogation room attempting to see what information he could get out of her about Galavan, while Detective Bullock, Leslie, Sebastian and Captain Barnes watched them from the other side of the glass. Jim tries to convince Barbara of wanting to offer his help, though when it fails, he kisses her and seeing that he still had feelings for her, Barbara tells him that if accompanied her to a surprise she had for him, she would answer anything he wanted. When Gordon leaves the room, Barbara walks to glass to Leslie's position to mock her.

In Barnes' office

The group was in the office after Jim talk to Barbara. "What is she playing at?" Nathaniel asks himself. "Not sure, sir. I suggest we play along and find out. I'll go see this thing she wants to show me." Jim said to the. "Jim, she's mentally ill." Leslie said to Jim. "Like hell! She's sharp as a nail. This is a trap." Harvey said to Jim. "Yeah. Either way, it's too risky." Nathaniel said to Jim. "What choice do we have, huh? She won't talk." Jim said to them making Sebastian look at him. "And kissing her didn't work out, did it?" Sebastian said to him with a smile. "That was a judgment call." Jim said to him. "Judgment? Really?" Leslie asks him. "I am feeling the smell of jealous." Sebastian said to them with a smile. "Let's focus on the issue at hand." Nathaniel said to them. "It's my official opinion as Chief Medical Examiner that Miss Kean is seriously mentally ill and should be in a hospital getting treatment." Leslie said to them. "Yes. Tomorrow. Look. I suggest we play along, let her think she's in control. I can still work on her inside the car. Maybe I can find out something useful. She's our only link to Galavan. It's worth the risk." Jim said to them. "All right. Do it." Nathaniel said to them making the three men walk out of the office.