Chapter 13

"Pierce come to my office now!" He shouts in the phone and slamming it down.

"Yes boss? What do you need?" Pierce asked as he walk in the office.

"Where is that file on the project we are working on?"

"I've gave it to you, before you left and it was in your office."

"Why can't I find it?" Christopher flips through all the files on his desk.

"Check properly, it should be in here," Pierce also help finding the file. They check the shelves, the drawers and the file on the table. "How could this be possible? Why isn't it here?"

"Did you take it out and you forget about it?" Christopher asked.

"I'm going to check in my office," Pierce said.

"I'm coming with you to look for it," Christopher said and walks out the office with Pierce. "Where is it?" They flipped through the whole room.

"You don't think someone took it?" Pierce asked. "Do you think we got a mole in the company?"

Christopher looks at Pierce in question, "go get me the security tapes." Pierce nods.

Pierce later came back with the security tape and they watch it on Christopher's laptop. After a while, they saw someone came into his office and took the file that was on his desk and walks out.

"Who is that?" Christopher asked, pausing at the man who walks out of the office.

"I'm not sure," Pierce said, he zooms into the clip and thought for a moment. "I think that's Zachary from the planning team."

"Alright, call him in," Christopher said.

Pierce makes a call and by the end of the call he looks disappointed about it, "so bad news. It turns out he left the company on that day."

"What are you saying?!" Christopher stood up from his chair.

"He left and quit the job after he stole the file," Pierce said.

Christopher pushes all the things on his desk onto the floor, "we've worked on that project for months!" His breathing increases. "Go find out who he is working for and who he stole it for! Go!" He shouts and Pierce excuse himself.

***

"I'm sorry Angel, I'm going to be home late. Don't wait up for me, okay?" He said on the phone with her. "Bye, love you," he leans back against his chair and sigh heavily.

"Knock, knock," someone said before pushing the door open. "Hey," Pierce pokes his head inside his office. "How's the process?"

"I really don't know, we have to come up with new ideas and a new proposal plan in a week."

"Why don't you go back and rest?" Pierce suggest.

Christopher shakes his head, "I can't sleep without coming out with a sturdy proposal."

"But what about Emilyn? She will be worried sick."

"I've called to tell about it. So is okay," Christopher said. "Why don't you head back and get some sleep. I don't need two people sleep deprived. It will go nowhere."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Don't stay up too late," Pierce warned him. Christopher nods and dismissed him.

The next morning

Emilyn woke up and found Christopher not in bed next to her, "where did he go? Did he come back home?" She asked. She got up from bed and check the bathroom, empty. She quickly rush out the bedroom and down the stairs.