˗ˏˋchap. 12 ☆ slimeˎˊ˗

"Y/NNNN" a muffled voice came from the outside among knocks on the door. ♪Crush culture makes me want to spill my guts out♫ They hummed to the song. They took off their headphones to hear better and the song faded. Snapping out of their thinking.

"Yeah??" They yelled out.

"It's time to eattttt" The voice said, which was revealed to be Taka. He opened the door and stood there. Not entering the room. Just leaning on the door frame, like an older brother.

"Yeah, I heard you, I'm going, you can leave now" They said, sitting on the bed closing the phone.

"Nooo, I have to ask you a questionnnn" He does this thing where he stretches out words to make them more important. "Whaaat??" Y/N mocked him, trying to be interested in where the conversation was going.

"Are you sure you don't like you know who? '' Whispering the 'you know who' part and started winking like something was in his one eye. Clearly asking the question "are you sure you don't like Kento?". Without saying his name.

"Who is 'you know who'" Y/N whispered back.

"Kento" He spoke normally and rolled his eyes.

"Oh, no, not in that way." They lied straight through their teeth. Well it wasn't a full lie yet, it wasn't a full truth either. More of a half lie as well as a half truth. The cup was half full and half empty.

"Okkkk" His eyes roamed the room. Spotting a small object.

"That's cute, when'd you get that" He pointed at a tiny pin on the nightstand.

"Huh??"

"The red and yellow S tag"

"S?!" they shot up from their bed, panicking.

"Yeah, the red one or whatever on your stand" He pointed again, never entering the room though. Y/N's head shot over to where Taka was pointing and it was the S pin. They started thinking. It was late at night when they got back to their room, they just forgot it was there.

"OH thattttt, that's nothing, its uh art project I'm working on." They lied again. Doing their little guilty eyebrow raise, even though it isn't very noticeable.

"That's cool, is it for Sage??" Pointing out the 'S' part of the pin.

"Hm? Sage? Oh yeah, she loves red and yellow. I thought I could make her something for the next time I see her."

"I thought their favorite color was purple." he says in suspicion

"Well that was a whillleee ago and she said these are her neeew fav colors" Even though he was correct, Sage's favorite color ever since first grade has always been purple.

"Is it a secret gift??" He questioned, slighting leaning forward to hear the answer.

"YES. I mean yes. So shush about it."

"Can you mak-"

"Enough questionssss...isn't it time for dinner?"

"Yep" He walked away and down the stairs.

Y/N went straight to their night stand and hid the pin out of sight. Then headed downstairs to where dinner was being brought out. Stairs were a pain to walk up and down, even worse with a hurting ankle.

For dinner it was takeout food day and it was Y/N's family to choose which food. Their dad opened the bag of (fave takeout food) letting the smell exit the bag filling the room. Somehow he found the restaurant near the house. He set the bag on the table while both families gathered in the dining room. The kids and the adults sat at their unassigned assigned sitting at the dining table. The entire family started dining on the food.