˗ˏˋ chap. 4 ☆ silver lining ˎˊ˗

This chapter was something I wrote for school and its a cute flashback with y/n, sage + the whole friend group. I tried building up their friendship and adding more plot <3

Summer was the worst season ever. Sage thought as she lay on her bed.

During the school year, weekdays were the busiest, since she had classes and many hobbies throughout the week. Weekends were boring, . Her friends always hung out after school. In the summer, her whole week was free. She texted her friends that she's free for the week and when she could hang out. Y/N was always the first to answer. They planned to go to a park for fun. Then the entire group planned to hang out at the nearest park on the following Thursday at 2 PM.

Sage read a private text from Y/N.

'I want to talk to you later. In private. After, we hang out. :)) ' Y/N added a smiley face so the text didn't seem like a bad thing. The last thing Y/N wanted was Sage to be worried about the text. Y/N and Sage had been friends since 1st grade. Y/N knew Sage would be heartbroken after the news Y/N was going to tell her.

Sage typed 'Okay! see you later. <3'

On Thursday, Sage woke up at 10 am and took a shower. She wore a t-shirt and shorts. It was summer and it was really hot outside. She sat on her bed reading, drawing and on her phone. At 12 PM, she made lunch for herself. Then she went outside to her backyard and took some photos of the lush trees to draw later. She went back inside and watched some TV in her living room.

An hour passed and she looked at her phone. A text pops up. 'We are on our way' - from Vickie. Sage started to tie her shoe laces.

A few minutes later Y/N walks to Sage's doorstep. Y/N rings Sage's doorbell. The friend group skated to Sage's house. Sage ran to get her skateboard from the garage. She lived pretty close to the park. Therefore she was the last one for the friends to pick up. After 2 minutes had passed everyone got to the park. Since there was a hill they got off their skateboards and walked up the hill. They leave the skateboard near on the grass.

"Finally a day where the park is empty!!" Y/N cheered. Y/N put their helmet on the ground. "We get the whole park to ourselves" They continued

"Wait Y/N, how long are we staying at the park?" Sage asked Y/N. "Umm, my parents said we can stay out till 6 ish, I have to have dinner." Y/N explained.

"Oh I have to leave at around 5" Vicke frowned

"Same." May agreed

The kids walked to the playground part of the park. An hour passed and the kids were exploring the area. The park had been there for years; it was always their favorite place to hang out. They found a passage to a trail behind the park. The trail was mainly for hikers and bikers. The park had beautiful green trees and green grass. It was a great day for a hike. The group was sitting on the playground just talking.

Y/N and May ran off to explore the trail. Vickie and Sage stayed because "they didn't want to get attacked by bears". The two kids walked in silence to the woods.

.....

"Y/N, is something wrong??" May worried.

"At the end of summer, I'm moving." Y/N confessed, they sounded very unhappy about it.

"That's in like a week! We have to do something fun before you leave!" May said.

"Yeah, we should." Y/N agreed.

"I know the perfect idea" May continued and ran to Vickie and Sage. Y/N quickly followed.

"Guys!! We should play hide and seek but with a tag." May suggested while running back to the park.