Burry The Truth

Mumbo's Perspective-

"And I just..." Grian broke himself off with a sigh, "I don't know...I really felt bad."

Scar wrapped his arm around Grian, "I get it, I mean, this is a big thing."

I tried my best to stay calm, but it was hard to see Grian and Scar together.

It was often like I was getting shoved out of the way of their love.

Grian then shook his head, "No, I need to tell Scott the truth."

"Are you sure?" I asked, "I mean...that's a lot to spill. And plus, I don't think even you understand everything that happened."

Grian sighed as he sadly nodded.

"That's true..."

Scar shot me a look that told me I said something wrong.

I shot him the same look and Grian then said,

"Stop it. I saw that."

"Sorry, Grian. We're just trying to help you." Scar said.

Grian took a deep breath, "It's fine. But Mumbo's right. I'm not even sure about everything that went on."

Grian looked at his hands.

"I know I'm whole again...but it still feels like I'm missing a part of me. And those glitches in the other universe...I can't stop thinking about them. I can't stop thinking that I'm supposed to be in the other dimension, not this one."

"You deserve to be in this one, though." I said, hugging him.

Grian smiled softly but it faded quickly.

"I wish I believed that." He whispered.

Me and Scar hugged him, and he almost started crying.

"I didn't tell you guys this...but in the other dimension...Pearl wasn't there."

"What?!"

Grian nodded, "I kept getting visions of me alone. Pearl apparently was a miscarriage and...yeah."

Grian then looked over at his sister, who was laughing and talking with Impulse, Cleo, Bdubs, Tango and Etho.

"I just- I can't do this." He cried.

"Yes, you can, Grian. You've already come this far, and that's enough. You're so brave and strong and, we love you." Scar said.

I felt like I was getting shuffled away.

Despite Scar saying that we loved Grian, it didn't feel like it.

I'm not good for him.

I'm just...useless.

-

"I mean, what do you think?" I asked Kisha as we walked out of school.

Kisha hummed, "I mean, I wouldn't just leave them. You love Grian."

"But when I see Grian and Scar together...it makes me feel like they don't need me."

"Well, if you leave them, I'm sure they'll fall apart. Grian likes you too, and I'm sure Scar does as well. You guys are just facing a difficult time."

"Tell me about it." I muttered.

Kisha smiled softly and then patted my back.

"I gotta go, but remember that you're not as useless as you think. I mean, I got three years of homework answers from you!"

I chuckled and Kisha smiled as she left.

I walked onto my bus and sat down near the middle.

I took out my book and started to read.

...

"Hey."

I looked over my shoulder and saw Scar.

"Hi." I said, closing the book in my hand and tucking it into my backpack.

"Mind if I sit here?" Scar asked and I shook my head.

Scar sat down next to me on my bus, and we fell into awkward silence.

"So what are we going to do about Grian?" Scar asked.

I sighed, "I don't know, I might leave you two."

"What? Why?"

"Because I keep getting shoved out!! No one loves me anyway." I muttered, turning to the window.

It was a couple seconds before I felt Scar hug me and kiss my cheek.

"I do love you, Mumbo, it's just hard with Grian."

I sighed again and turned to hug him back.

"I know...and I don't know how to help either. You're so good at mental health and that stuff and all I'm good at is school related topics. That's all my parents taught me."

"What do you mean? Your parents never spoke to you about mental health?"

I shook my head.

"They kind of just taught me to suck it up and if it gets bad, then it's not their problem."

"Well, you can always talk to me about your problems." Scar said, breaking apart from the hug to kiss my forehead and hold my hand.

"Thanks." I said, leaning on his shoulder.