Matching shirts. (Ashely Hatch x Reader)

You and your wife, Ashley, played for the same team, but none of your teammates knew you were together, let alone married.

You both had taken leave at the same time, of course everyone found it suspicious, but no one out right questioned either of you.

Truth is, that time was used for your's and Ashley's honeymoon to Mexico. You both had gotten married the week before in a small ceremony with family only and a few childhood friends of yours. Ashley and you had the best time of your lives and when you came back and your eyes settled on your training kit shirt which now donned 'Hatch' on the back your heart burst with warmth.

You grinned as your wife's arm snaked around your waist, pulling you into her side and smirking, "Well hello Mrs Y/N Hatch."

You turned your head, meeting her eyes. There was nothing but love and warmth behind them, her thumb rubbing lovingly against your hip.

"Hey, babe." you snickered at her antics, making double sure there was no one around before pecking her on the lips softly.

You got changed quickly, pulling the new shirt over your head with a sigh.

"How do you think they'll react?" You asked nervously, Ashley simply laughed and linked your hand with hers.

"Please, it'll take em half a day to even notice it." She smirked, walking out onto the training pitch hand in hand with you.

Ashley was in fact wrong, everyone noticed right away so the second they did you were both bombarded with a plethora of 'When did this happen?', 'you're married?! Since when?' and 'What's going on?' 's.

"We're married." You meekly announced and everybody looked at you both dumbfounded while Ashley had the most shit-eating grin on her face, "Surprise?" you offered with raised eyebrows and a cautious smile.

Your smile was quickly turned real though as everyone swept you both of your feet in a giant hug.

Training that day was filled with jokes about you and Ashley finally getting together, as well as questions and wholesome team building exercises.

But you wouldn't have it any other way as you and Ashley did laps, hand in hand, in your matching shirts. Because she was your girl. And as long as you had your girl, you would be okay.

***
Hello everyone! Hope the requester enjoyed this (as well as everyone else) and I'm sorry it's rather short. I'm working my way through my requests slowly but surely, don't worry haha!

Hope you're having a good day/night/afternoon and staying hydrated

yours truly,
author :)