Chapter 1: The Sword in the Stone

Sonic and Friends get transported to a forest, where the group looks at the wizard in confusion, as Jet looked upset at his now broken Extreme Gear.
"My board! Oh man, Wave's gonna kill me."

"Why'd you do that for? I could've taken him no problem!" Sonic told her. "And I lost some perfectly made food. Amy's gonna kill me." He muttered.
"Thou do not understand, he cannot be wounded."
"How can that be?"
"He has the power of the Scabbard of Excalibur. It makes him invincible and immortal." The wizard explained.
"Hey, I've heard that name before. Excalibur, Excalibur..."

"Excalibur is the sword of King Arthur, is it not?" Blaze asked.
"Oh, yeah, now I remember! From the Arthurian Legends! Wait, does that mean..."
"You're in Camelot, the land of King Arthur Pendragon."

The group looked at each other in surprise.
"No, way! But, was that really the King? He seemed different in the stories."
"Yeah. He seemed like the opposite of what the stories foretold us." Silver commented.
"And I thought our storybook adventure ended in the Arabian Nights..." Shadow mumbled.

"Let us go. I'll explain along the way. But first, let me take a more... Comfortable form." The wizard tapped her staff on the ground and a bright light enveloped her, as the group watched in awe. When the light faded, the young woman was replaced by a magenta lynx with pointy ears and a tail with a golden buckle on the end, before putting her hood back on. "Let me introduce myself. I am Merlina Lynx the Wizard, granddaughter of Merlin the Wizard."

"I'm Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog. And these are my friends, Shadow, Knuckles, Blaze, Silver, and Jet. Nice to meet you, Merlina."
"It's nice to meet you all. Now, let us begin." Merlina tapped her staff once again, and a few pairs of rusty swords appeared before them and hands them to the group. "First, I would like for you all to get accustomed to our world."

"I don't need swords, I've got my fists." Knuckles complained.
"Come on, Knuckles, it won't hurt to try something new." Sonic encouraged him.
"Yeah. And the rules are very different in the medieval ages." Silver replied.
The red echidna looked at the swords for a moment before sighing. "Whatever that helps us get back home."

The group then reluctantly took the swords and began to run to the location while Merlina followed.
"I want you all to learn swordsmanship, starting from the basics."
"Lay it on me." Shadow said as he twirled the sword in his hand. The Lynx summoned multiple wooden targets with her magic.
"Swing away!"

Sonic nods and swings the sword, but it gets stuck in the target's side. He pulls it out and tries again, but the same thing happens. The group struggles to get the hang of swordsmanship, with Blaze accidentally setting her wooden target on fire and Jet getting his sword stuck in a tree. However, after a few attempts, they're all able to slice the target clean in half.

"Now use combo swing!"
Merlina then summons more targets with different shapes and sizes, and the group starts practicing combos with their swords. They swing and slice through the targets, each one more intricate than the last. Sonic even manages to do a spin dash with the sword, slicing through multiple targets at once. After hours of training, the group finally starts to get the hang of swordsmanship basics. After the basics was complete, they continue on their way, while having refreshments as Merlina explained the story.

"He was once a wise and just ruler. He was blessed with noble knights and praised by all. However..."
"Lemme guess: He got a little sidetracked?" Sonic concluded.
"'A little'?" Shadow raises an eyebrow.