5•Traveling Performer•5

Li Shilian stood on his sword, his headband covered gaze fixated at the rather lively atmosphere below. This place kind of felt nostalgic to see.

  This was the Kingdom where Li Shilian's journey on this foreign world began. Roan Kingdom.

  And right now, at the Plaza of Huiss, the Capital of Roan, some sort of celebration was taking place. It's been a while since Shilian witness such a lively scene that he couldn't help but stop and watch.

  Li Shilian remained standing in his sword while looking down. After several minutes, a familiar presence approached him from behind.

  "It's rare to see you out this days, Shilian."

  "That's my line Haben. I haven't seen you out that cave for years. You aren't even a cultivator, why are you staying in seclusion longer than I do."

  Li Shilian countered without even glancing at him. From behind, he heard Eruhaben's amused chuckle.

  The two settled in a comfortable silence, watching the people below as they cheered. Suddenly, chaos started to steer as several black clothed people appeared from the rooftops below.

  Li Shilian and Eruhaben exchanged glances, both with a "is this seriously happening" look plastered on their face. Although Li Shilian's eyes were covered, his annoyance could still be perceived.

  "Ho. Idiotic people wearing black and yet showing themselves in broad daylight. Same ones who attacked Olienne?"

  Eruhaben calmly asked as if he was simply asking about the weather. Similarly, Li Shilian let out a soft sigh and answered under his breath.

  "Uh-huh."

  Both of them focused their attention again at the chaos below. They felt as the mana in the air suddenly destabilized, which of course did not affect them.

  Eruhaben frowned as he sensed something from below. Multiple ones to be exact. Li Shilian also noticed but he still turned toward his friend for confirmation.

  "Mana bombs?"

  Eruhaben nodded wordlessly. But the two did not make any move to help as they both noticed several interestingly strong individuals already taking action.

  A few seconds after, the mana was stabilized by the kingdom's mages. If it weren't for the current situation, Li Shilian would've praised the mages for their fast response.

  The two then saw four items, or magic bombs to be precise, flew out from the Plaza and towards the Mountain nearby.

  Booooom.

  Again, like bystanders watching a play, the two were unaffected by the explosion. Instead, their gaze was focused at a certain direction.

  "They have a young dragon. Now that's surprising."

  Li Shilian whispered curiously as he gracefully made his way down. He gently landed on the rooftop opposite that mage who was- supposedly- the leader of the attackers.

  His presence went unnoticed by anyone. Of course, Eruhaben followed behind him. Even going as far as taking a seat by his feet, gaze never moving away from the Plaza.

  "So, are we planning to help?"

  Eruhaben asked, drowning out that unpleasant metal screeching-like voice of the mage standing at the rooftop of the tower. Li Shilian shrugged at that question.

  "Depends."

  Li Shilian had now forgotten the main reason why he left the Sect ground. Once again, his curiosity was eating away all his reasonings. Like when he was young.