3•First Encounter•3

(700+ years later)

  The small village was on fire. Corpses of the wolf tribe were scattered everywhere and was completely black, as if burnt to a crisp. The heavy smell of burnt flesh lingered in the air.

  Choi Han witnessed all this and remembered his old village. The village that saved him and welcomed him the first time he left that dreaded forest.

  Harris Village.

  He seemed to be back at that time where he arrived, only to see nothing but destruction and death. This was the exact same feeling as that time.

  However, that wasn't the only familiar thing. Vaguely, Choi Han spotted a familiar insignia on one of the black clothed individual who were attacking the village. A red star and five white stars.

  Without thinking, Choi Han started to attack. Killing all the organization's members he came across with.

  Meanwhile, at the other side of the village a few minutes earlier, the same scene greeted a handsome swordsman wearing a black and white robe. His long blonde hair was tied back in a ponytail while his vibrant blue eyes scanned around.

  Krey Bilen, the blonde swordsman, immediately placed his hand on the hilt of his sword. His sharp and clear eyes were on alert as he searched for any movement.

  'I did not expect to come across something like this on my mission.'

  Krey silently thought to himself while sighing softly. But he still continued onward without hesitation. Toward the now burning village.

  Along the way, Krey decisively killed anyone he found who was reeking heavily of death. Without a doubt, this people full of murderous aura were the one responsible for this mess.

  "I shouldn't have worn my favorite robe."

  Krey whispered in complaint. And yet, contrary to his words, he didn't mind the ashes and blood dirtying his pristine robe at all, nor the heat of his surroundings. He simply and swiftly continued to kill without giving his enemies a chance to fight back.

  The sight of the handsome and graceful individual brandishing his sword to kill his enemies was mystifying. His hair fluttered slightly as he moved, along with the long hem of his robe.

  His graceful movements was such a huge contrast to the lethality of his sword. It didn't look like he was fighting, instead it was as if he was performing a sacred dance.

  Of course, Krey didn't just mindlessly kill everyone. He made sure to take extra care not to miss even a single innocent soul to save, prompting them to leave the vicinity immediately and find a safe place.

  Krey circled around the village instead of heading straight toward the center. Focusing more on saving those who were injured but still breathing, and giving a hand to those who are still fighting with the enemy.

  Hence, he luckily missed the chance to be seen by the crazy mage leading the members of the organization who attacked. However, there were still certain individuals who witnessed his work.

~

  "It is something I, or anyone, would've done given the situation. So there was no need to pay me. Your gratitude is more than enough."

  Krey smiled gently as he faced the grateful people laying on the beds. They were thanking him and asking him how they could repay him, but Krey did not really need them to.

  Right after the battle, Krey promptly changed into a new robe, hence he was neat and tidy as he helped on nursing the injured. There was no trace of the previous battle left on him, it was as if he never fought at all.