Chapter 18 The healing

Start from the beginning

"So Zoe, do you accept James as your mate?" John asks.

I look back towards James, who's still in Joe's arms. I start to walk over toward him, I figure it would be better to say it to his face. James lets out another whimper, as I walk over closer and closer towards him. When I walk over to Joe, I look down at James. He looks at me for a moment, then he closes his eyes, probably expecting the worst. But I don't give him the worst, instead I raise my right hand up, spread my thumb and index finger out wide, and start to rub on his temples again. With a slight groan, James opens his eyes again. I'm staring back at him, "You don't really think I'm going to reject you, do you?" I ask him, in a whisper.

"I hope not" James replies, as he looks back at me

"Well you don't have to worry anymore, I'm home" I whisper to him. I then turn back towards John, who's still standing just outside the front door, and smile at him warmly. "I will love him always and forever, I Zoe Martin accept him, James Pointer, as my mate" I say, smiling the whole time. Then still smiling, I add, "And I dare anyone to try and take him away from me." I look at John, and see him nod his head. I then look back at James, and the look on his face is both shock, and priceless.

"C'mon James, lets get you into the healing room, you've waited long enough" I say, as John starts to walk inside the house, James and Joe both nod their heads, as we start to go inside the house.

As we walk inside the house, Alisa get's off the couch and comes to greet us. "Did she accept him, how's James?" she asks sounding frantic, as she come running up to us.

"Yes she did" Joe nods, then Joe turns her attention towards James, "His head is pounding, we're taking him to the healing room now" Joe then adds, in a reply.

"Where's the healing room?" I ask, to no specific person.

"Fourth floor" Alisa replies, then she looks over towards her mom.

"I'll come with you, at least to the door" she adds, as we start to walk towards the elevator.

"Fair enough" Joe replies, while the boy's head towards the living room.

James groans, reminding us this is no time to be strolling. "We need to pick up the pace," she doesn't have to tell us twice, we all start running.

When the elevator doors open we step inside, and I push the fourth button, the doors close.

I then look back at James and whisper, "Don't worry," Alisa and Joe just smile at me, I smile back.

the doors open onto what looks like a dead-end hallway, Confused I look towards Joe.

"hey Joe" I start, as we get off the elevator.

"Yes Zoe" she replies, as I hear the elevator doors close behind us.

"Are we on the right floor?" I ask, confused.

"No, no we're not, we're right where we need to be? she replies, as we start walking slowly towards the dead-end.

"But it's just a dead-end, see" I say, as we walk up to the dead-end. In front of us, is what looks like a large wooden octagon with one glass window on each side, but nothing else.

Joe walk up along side me, looks at me, and then smiles.

"Zoe you only look with your eyes, so you are easy to fool" says Joe, Alisa giggles, and then points her index finger at something. I look at where she's pointing, that's when I see that a spot on the right front of the octagon is slightly lighter then the rest of it.

"Alisa would you do the horrors?, my hands are a little full" Jos says, as look sown at James.

"Oh, sure, of course" Alisa replies, as she nods her head. She walks up to the octagon, and pushes on the slightly lighter spot, and I can't believe my eyes with what happens next. A little key pad, flips out from behind the hidden panel.