Epilogue

Tenderheart's pov

Everything is fuzzy. From the ceiling that I just opened my eyes to stare at, to my own thoughts and memory of how I ended up here.
Wait, where is here?
The last thing I remember was begging outside of a cantina on some poor Mid Rim planet after using my last credits to get a ship ride over here. Coruscant and the inner Rim is too dangerous for clones now. Not that there are many of us left.

I blink a few times and take in my surroundings. I'm lying on a table, in a foreign room, no, medical bay by the looks of it. With no recollections of how I got here.
Where am I?
Panic begins to well up as I bolt upright, sending a wave of pain through my head. This isn't a normal headache. I bring a hand up and wince as my fingers brush over.....stitches? My medical mind quickly goes over events that cause concussion, memory loss, disorientation, and that would need stitching.
Stepped on a mine, standing too close to a fuel canister that was hit by a stray shot, hit from behind with the butt of a blaster... I have to force myself to come out of battle medic mode. Even 7 years after the war I slip into the mindset from time to time. No, I was not in a battle. So that means..mugging? Could I have fallen asleep and someone saw that as the perfect time to strike. But I'm a clone, we're not exactly known for being rich, so what would be the point in attacking me? Just when I'm about to pass out again amidst all this confusion, a smooth voice calls from the corner of the room.

"Hey, Hey, easy mate." My head whips around, causing a wave of dizziness to flood my brain. I shake it off and stare at the figure in the corner of the room. The Zygerrian moves closer and his ears flick forward in curiosity and to show himself friendly. Something about him gives a sense of recognition, but I can't place exactly where I've seen him before.

"I'm not going to attack you, I know you're confused. But I didn't really think of a better way to get you here than to put you under Force sleep, sorry about that mate." He comes even closer, raising his hands to show he means no harm. My instincts as a soldier is to reach for my blaster for security. But I pawned it off a month ago for food. I force my shoulders to relax, there's not really anything I can do right now anyway. A medical droid whirls into the room and beeps at me. I know the procedure, so I let it examine my sutures and look to the Zygerrian for an explanation. I take in his features, hoping to jog my memory. Dark brown hair covers his skin, one green eye stares sympathetically at me, as does the other yellow eye. A long scar cuts through his left ear, making it split almost in two. He shrugs as he notices my staring.

"Yeah, didn't have that the last time you saw me. Probably why you're so confused and can't recognize me." His tone is very nonchalant and casual; yet his body language makes it seem like I'm a ticking detonator, the way he's keeping his hands up, moving slowly and unthreateningly. In his eyes, behind the sympathy, is growing mistrust and caution.

"Why am I here?" I ask, wanting to clear the confusion that's making it hard to think straight.

"Alright, yeah, figured you'd want to know." He sounds nervous underneath the false sense of confidence. "Ok, so, look Tenderheart-"

"How do you know my name?" I interrupt, stunned.

"I'll tell you in a minute. Listen." He's perturbed now, furrowing his brows at me.

"Tenderheart, I wish I could say I've been noblely searching for you since the war, but I haven't." His voice was deeply sarcastic. "I hang out at that cantina you were begging at every weekend actually. But once I noticed your Force signature, I had to help you. So I used the Force to keep you in deep sleep as I brought you here, to my ship, and decided to get your chip out. Look I know the empire already disengaged the chips and there probably wasn't reason too, but I didn't want to take chances. Quailius would resurrect herself just to kick my tail of I killed you." He explains.
My mind reels. Hundreds of memories, foggy and crystal clear, fly through my mind so fast I think I'll get motion sick. Force signature. Force sleep. Quailius. Force. The Force.