Chapter 1: Meet Our Medic.

CT-2845's POV.

   I am currently patching up Ross's arm. He decided to see if he could jump from one top bunk to another in the barracks. A large cut and bruised ego is all he gained. I finish applying the bacta patch and look up at him with an annoyed expression. He shoots me a cheeky grin. I sigh.

"You'll be fine. But try not to irritate the wound too much and come to me if it the pain worsens."

"Yes sir." He mock salutes.

"And please,  don't do something like this again. You'll get enough wounds from battle you don't need ones like this." I gesture to his arm. He smirkes, a mischievious glint in his eye.

"I make no guarantees, somebody's got to be the fun one around here."

I groan inwardly. He was in here at least three times a week. I hate it when my brothers hurt themselves, especially when it's for some crazy stunt. We waste time and bacta, two things that could save another brother's life at a different time.

"So," Ross speaks up, swinging his legs childishly over the side of the medcot. "Did you hear we've got a General now? She's a Jedi Knight."

"Yes, I've heard. She was scheduled to arrive several minutes ago. It's my duty to go introduce myself as the chief medic, which I'll have to go do now that I'm done with you." I reply.

Suddenly, the medbay doors open. In walks Captain Lupo and behind him, another person. She's wearing a jedi robe, she is tall and seems to have brown scales covering her skin, almost like a Trandoshan. What intrigues me the most is the fact that instead of hair she has a snake-like hood attached to the back of her neck and head.

Well at least I don't need to go find them. That looks to be our new General.

"General, this is our Chief Medical Officer CT-2845." Lupo introduces me, confirming my suspicions. He shoots a questioning look at Ross. Who only smirks in return. I turn to face the General, standing at attention. She nods in greeting before speaking.

"Hello, I am your new Jedi General, Quailius Sorna. It's a pleasure to meet you. Do you have a name?" She asks politely. Her face is set in a mostly neutral expression, the corners of her mouth slightly turned up in what I assume to be a friendly smile. Before I can respond, however, Ross informally interrupts.

"He didn't pick one yet. Too busy doing boring training so he actually knows how to save our lives and stuff." sarcasm drips from his words. He sticks out a hand, "Name's Ross, the smartest and handsomest clone in this legion, if I do say so myself."

I turn to him with a horrified expression.

Not in front of a new Jedi General, Ross! You're going to get us both in trouble.

Lupo sends him a harsh glare, but Ross just shrugs us off. General Sorna raises a brow, I can't tell if she is amused or disturbed. She takes his hand and shaked it then turns back to me.

She stares at me for several seconds, her eyes looking right into my own. I tense nervously.

What is she doing?

After a moment, she gives a small smile and breaks the gaze.

"You are very kind, very," she searches for the right word, "tenderhearted. You're soul has a special gentleness to it. I can feel it through the Force."

I sputter. "Um, thank you, General." It sounds more like question.

How did she know that? This Force stuff is so weird.

"It will be great working with you, CT-2845. I hope you find your name soon enough. And I'm glad to have met you both." She nods to Ross then me.

"Thank you, General Sorna. I'm glad to have met you as well." I somewhat recover from my shock.

No Jedi has even been nice to us like that before. I think I'll like having her as our General.

Lupo moves out of the room, but not before he givee Ross a 'We'll talk later, you're going to get it' look. the General follows. As soon as they are out of sight I whip around on Ross.

"What was that? You can't say things like that infront of the General!"

He shrug. "What? I was just being myself. If the General can't handle me how I am now, she never will."

I raised a brow at him. "I guess, but you could at least be respectful."

"Eh, I'm sure it's fine."

I sigh forcefully. Sometimes I don't know where I get the patience for him. He jumps off the medcot. A scheming look on his face.

"You're a softie!" He accuses playfully.

"I am not."

"Yes you are! A Jedi said so, she said you are a big, tenderhearted softie. you aren't going to argue with a Jedi, Are you?"

"Well, no, but I, " I hopelessly stutter, trying to make a comeback. I settle with, "You're impossible, you know that right?"

"Yes." He deadpans. I roll my eyes and walk a few steps away, bringing a hand to my chin in thought.

"Actually, I kind of like the sound of it:

'Tenderheart'. Yeah, I like it." I smile, it does sound like a good name for me.

"No way, You let her name you! That's so sweet. You are a softie, admit it. Oh, I call being best man at your wedding!" He teases, I stare at him in shock yet again.

"Ross! I'm not kidding here, You can't blurt things out like that, she's a jedi and our superior. You could be reprimanded." I cross my arms. I hate getting in trouble or being punished. I don't understand how he can just brush off the risk of angering our commanding officers so frequently. Ross grins with an evil expression.

"So? Never stopped me before." He responds.

"Yeah but now it's different, General Sorna is a Jedi. You've heard the stories from other battalions. Not all jedi are tolerant."

Ross deflats,  even he knows the stories, he must care. "Fine, I guess you're right. I'll take take your words into consideration..." He pauses, a huge cheeky smile appearing on his face. "And then ignore them!" I glare at him as he laughs. I was wrong. He does not. 

After a moment his expression changes. Looking sincere for once.

"But seriously, that is a good name for you, Tenderheart. I'm glad you found one brother." He claps a hand on my shoulder before heading out of the medbay.

As I clean up the cot and supplies, I think.

Yeah, I'm glad I found it too. Thanks General.