c.45- Solved

"It's almost two in the noon"

A murmur crawled up between Aspen's lips. His brows wrinkled. Annoyed.

How come Vera had not appeared despite the promise she gave?

She was supposed to be with him by now. "She's not the type to get in trouble. Ezra Kingston won't let anyone hurt her"

Pressing the temples, Aspen groaned. What was taking her so long?!

Impatiently, Aspen began to pace around the living room. Checking the time often.

An hour passed. Only calories burned, no one appeared at the doorsteps. "For fuck's sake, will she even come to me?!"

Frustrated, Aspen stepped out. He should buy the phone alone at this point.

Vera was not making contact. He had to stand on his own! But they were only simple thoughts he had of course.

Once Aspen started walking alone, to get the phone for himself, he met the men.

The men sent by his grandfather. "Fuck fuck fuck. They are so fast!"

Aspen cursed under his breath when he recognized the man across the road.

It was one of the men who worked for his grandfather. He knew him well.

"Seriously, where is she?"

The boy murmured through gritted teeth. He rushed into random street.

Attempting not to get caught. But his height and hair strands under cap stood out to the sharp eyes of the man.

"Young Master! Please stop right there!" A yell echoed; startling Aspen wholly.

"Holy fuck, is he an eagle or some?!" Having no choice, he began to run.

No destination, just dashing to escape the man. "Young Master! Please stop!"

The man shouted. Chasing the boy like a tiger in the middle of the day. "Shut up!"

Aspen yelled back; speeding up. "Oh my!" The woman screamed when the boy accidentally bumped into her. "Sorry!"

He just ran, kept running around until he found a crowd. Blending in, he vanished.

Leaving the man in pool of disappointment. "Ha... that was close"

Gasping for breath, Aspen hid inside a building. It felt like a marathon.

"Excuse me..." He then tried to approach a man nearby. "May I use your phone for a call?" He pleaded, politely.

"Oh, sure" The man passed the phone. "Thank you, Sir" Aspen flashed a beam.

The call directed to Vera obviously. A loud ringtone awakened the woman in the noon. Her eyes widened in surprise.

She peered to the side. Ezra was gone. Alone on the bed, Vera seized the phone.

"Yes?" She voiced; confused. "Vera Charlene, where the fuck are you?!"

Frustrated shout rang from the other side of phone. It was when the woman gasped. "Oh my god! I forgot! Aspen!"

Her tone raised.

"Forgot?! Really?! I almost got caught right now! How could you leave me like that after promising me and shit?!"

In disbelief, Aspen clenched his jaw. Here he thought she was in danger.

But turned out she just forgot his existence! "I am sorry. Where are you?"

Rushing out of the bed, Vera queried. "Trapped inside a building" The boy scoffed. "Aspen, I am on my way. Say it"

She frowned. Walking towards the door after grabbing the car key and purse.